OK after Calif earthquake | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

OK after Calif earthquake

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MissDaisy 1, Jul 5, 2019.

1. MissDaisy 1

MissDaisy 1 Member

Wanted to let everyone know we are OK after our 6.4 earthquake today. It was a rolling quake and it knocked glassware and pictures to the floor. Minor injuries were reported locally and our local hospital was evacuated.

We are fine but a bit shaken up --- literally.

2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully the aftershocks aren't too bad. I tend to get a little tense when they come.

3. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Yesterdays 7.1 did a lot more damage. My hope is your and your family are okay.

4. keebler

keebler Moderator

Praying for all who are affected by the many earthquakes.

5. MissDaisy 1

MissDaisy 1 Member

We felt the 7.1 quake which scared me. The house shook for about 40 seconds. Nothing was damaged thank goodness.

Ridgecrest survived the quake although the movie theater has been red tagged. Some local schools received some moderate damage. The local hospital was shut down for awhile and patients were transported to area hospitals. The hospital is up and running again.

Thank you for your prayers.

6. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

Glad to know you are ok
    Keep safe
    Wolf1

7. MissDaisy 1

MissDaisy 1 Member

Thanks Wolf1. We are hanging in there. I've had a couple bad dreams after I felt a couple bumps while I was asleep. The 7.1 really scared me as the whole house shook. According to the seismologists, we were rated an 8 out of 10 when it comes to shake intensity. Where my husband works it was a 9. Fortunately the quake hit when no one was at work or there could have been some serious injuries.

We never lost water but our we are down to 6 wells out of the 10 that are supposed to be operating. Two wells could be used except there is a problem with the arsenic gauge due to instrumentation failure. The EPA requires arsenic to be removed from water if it reaches a certain level. To be honest I drank plenty of our water before the EPA lowered the arsenic limit and I've never had a problem. Off my soap box for now :)