One for the Moderators | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

One for the Moderators

Discussion in 'Tech and test' started by Ann2, May 20, 2017.

1. Ann2

Ann2 Registered

One for the Mods.
    I can no longer see how you private message someone, so posting query on here.

Also If you click on Notable Members you are able to see that persons private messages which can't be right can it?
    Thought I'd bring it to your attention.

In the event of not being able to get onto the board, now that Joanne's email is no longer in use, is this likely to be updated? As its giving her email as a contact, or what should one do? many thanks.

Ann

Lupusdude likes this.
  2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Welcome back Ann.

The new program is different than the one in the past and was considered safer by Joanne. Joanne has since sold the site. The site administrator can be reached at the following email: [email protected]

Private messaging is now Conversations. In the upper right corner of the screen is your screen name, inbox and alerts. Highlighting your name will bring up a box with several choices, Conversations being one of them. Click on it, then Start a new conversation. In the Participant area enter the names of the members you want to see your message. The message will not be seen by the entire forum only the participants listed. The participants will have an alert showing they have a new message and then are able to respond back to you.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

Lupusdude likes this.
  3. Ann2

Ann2 Registered

Thank you Lazylegs for your help.
    Best wishes
    Ann

Lupusdude likes this.
  4. Ann2

Ann2 Registered

Test message

5. Ann2

Ann2 Registered

Just found can create new message but no post button - disappeared

Lupusdude likes this.
  6. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Ann are you clicking on the forum you want the post in first?

Lupusdude likes this.
  7. Ann2

Ann2 Registered

I clicked onto tech and test and started a new thread. After typing a lengthy post explaining what had happened ie IP address being banned messages, there was no button to post, only to view what I had posted.

I have been locked out the site for several weeks after an email saying I hadn't posted for 30 days and that my IP address was banned. Signing in attempts just flashed up I was banned and it was impossible to make contact. Joanne's email is still shown as point of contact in case of problems. Once you are locked out it is impossible to get in as there are no details on how to contact the new site owner.

I know you stated the new site admin email addy above, however It's impossible to get passed the initial screen to read it. I had given up after fruitless attempts, then out of the blue had one last try and this time I got in.

I have been a member on here for so long, probably since the start of the site, just to say Lazylegs that if I disappear into the sunset, it's because of not being able to get on the site.

Do you think that this could be a cause of reduced UK visitors? I know of this also happening to another longstanding member. Why the 30 day criteria has to apply beats me, as ill health can keep people offline for longer periods.

Many thanks for your quick responses.

Lupusdude likes this.
  8. modteam

modteam Moderator

Ann I will contact the administrator in an attempt to find out what is wrong. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

Lupusdude likes this.
  9. Ann2

Ann2 Registered

Thank you.

Lupusdude likes this.
  10. Ann2

Ann2 Registered

It would be helpful if they could change the contact details above, as still showing these details:

As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    If you have any problems resetting your password please just email me [email protected]

Lupusdude likes this.
  11. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Good point Ann. I've passed on the message. No response yet but it is the weekend so I didn't really expect one.

Lupusdude likes this.
  12. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Ann the administrator has checked your account and you are listed as a valid member and not banned on our end of things. Her suggestion is to reset your modem which would automatically give you a new IP address or you could check with your provider. Instructions on how to reset the modem can be found on Google.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

Lupusdude likes this.
  13. Ann2

Ann2 Registered

Hi Lazylegs

Thanks for passing on my point, about changing contact details from Joanne to new admin details on the home page.
    I notice you did this in July poor you! so as Lee Admin has put up a thread asking for feedback on Technical issues I raised the issue again on Sunday. He has said on there they aim to answer in two days and if not to contact a Mod.

Thank you for helping me find the messages in conversation. Have got that far, but can't see how to send a new message,
    hence this post, I would have messaged you so apologies.

Best Wishes
    Ann2

14. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Ann,

To post a message to a specific person you can click on their name under their avatar or find their name under Members in the tool bar at the top of the page. It will bring up the person's information. Click on their name in the new box and on the new page you will find a message box with your avatar to the side for you to post in. Hope this makes sense.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

15. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Or you can contact her direct on her e mail ...as she has given permission for that..........

[email protected]

If no luck I will chase her again ! Let us know..............Claire

16. Ann2

Ann2 Registered

Hi I'm back I haven't been able to get on the site since my last post on October 25th, same old thing IP address banned.
    I did email Joanne as only addy I knew she sent me a contact email for new site owner, but there was no response.
    The strange thing was it was showing me as signed in but no content on the page only that IP was banned! oh dear it remains a mystery!

Anyway here I am back on. Tried this morning and all was restored
    So is:
    [email protected], the email to contact when you can't get on the board? If so I will save it in my address book.

17. debatat

debatat Moderator

I am sorry to hear that Ann, it must be so frustrating. The above email address is the correct one for the administrator.

18. Ann2

Ann2 Registered

Thank you debatat, I will add it to my address book.

19. VSadmin

VSadmin testing Staff Member

That's me.

If your IP is banned and you desperately need to get on the site, a quick fix would be to reset your modem and it'll provide you with a new IP
    http://www.centurylink.com/home/hel...modem-reset-understanding-when-to-use-it.html

this will help you get on the site and then from there you can post your threads. this is probably a faster way to get on the site temporarily. If you continue to have that issue, please feel free to email me. BUT please leave the site name in the email subject title so I don't accidentally delete it thinking it's some phishing spam.

Thank you :)

and Take care.

Lee