Otrexup has been wonderful! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Otrexup has been wonderful!

Discussion in 'Cytotoxic / immunosuppressives' started by christianirc, Mar 23, 2018.

1. christianirc

christianirc Brenda

Otrexup is prefilled methotrexate. My insurance had to approve it first, they did and I love it. I can't feel it! Trying to get all the meds I could out of a vial drove me nuts. Then sometimes the syringes were duller than others... it was nuts. Otrexup has been great. I don't feel it at all. I highly recommend asking your doc for it if you take injectible methotrexate. It's just a big pen, you don't even see the needle if that makes you squeemish. If you have questions I'd be happy to answer questions about it.
    Bren

Lupusdude likes this.
  2. debatat

debatat Moderator

It is always nice to hear when a med has been successful. I hope it carries on working for you.

Lupusdude likes this.
  3. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Sounds great! Glad to hear that it's helpful.

4. keebler

keebler Moderator

Im on injection methotrexate. I will have to ask my doctor next time I see him.
    I hate needles and I can not give injections to myself. My hubby has to do it.
    Thank you for telling us about it.
    Take care,
    Lyn

5. christianirc

christianirc Brenda

I hope you enjoy it. I love it. I've taken methotrexate injections for many years and wouldn't be without it. This pen is so much easier.