Pancakes.... How do you eat your??? | Page 2 | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Pancakes.... How do you eat your???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by granny weatherwax, Feb 24, 2009.

1. granny weatherwax

granny weatherwax Registered

You've all made me very hungry now, lots of great idea's I must try some next time I make pancakes!!!

2. Pink Pearl

Pink Pearl Registered

In my family the "crepes" are called "egg pie". It is one of those recipes passed down from my great-grandmother to ...... My favorite way is to put home made jam on them with some butter. As I have a lot of blackcaps, native wild black raspberry, here on the property, we can do them quite well. The native "mountain blackberries" are also wonderful. They have a tart side that is not met with the cane berries.

Another jam we made a was 1/2 blueberries and 1/2 wild red huckleberries. That was superb and was incredible to use instead of a relish with some meats. It was very thick, not a runny jam, and got the best of both berries......tart with the red huckleberries, went with savory, and the blueberries added in a sweeter taste.
    Fun to make up our own combos.
    Sally

3. doris999

doris999 Registered

Hi,
    Having just read this post, how long have i been with this group, lol.

I usually have lemon juice & sugar, but being an expat living in Canada, it's hard sometimes to get the taste of home, but i got my hands on some tate & lyle Golden syrup and that was HEAVEN.

So in the true spirit of the syrup i made flat jacks as well, and childhood mermories came flooding back.

4. Clare.T

Clare.T Registered

Pancake Tuesday tomorrow! Yum yum. Hubby and I are purists except I like blackcurrant or ginger jam with mine but gdd likes the Golden Syrup which is just too sweet for us
    Enjoy!
    :)
    Clare

5. filmguy

filmguy A bit loopy

Heh, it's that time tomorrow! We bought everything needed to make some great pancakes :p

6. quake26

quake26 Registered

Pancakes, I haven't had panackes for some time now. I like them with lots of butter and hot maple syrup.

Anthony...

7. pennylp

pennylp Registered

I thought I would add to the crepes, which I love... on the savoury side.. if you add scrabled eggs with a sausage link and a little maple syrup it is very yummy....

Fluffy pancakes are great with wild blueberries and maple syrup....

Love Penny

8. ImaGleek

ImaGleek Registered

I've eaten so many pancakes this week I keep expecting to wake up and be made of eggs, milk and flour! I love them toasted with hot butter and jam. My mum put banana on hers the other day ad that was quiet tasty. But when I was in NY I had them with chocolate chips, eggs, bacon and golden syrup and it was the single best breakfast I have ever had!

9. mishmash

mishmash Registered

Can not beat lemon and sugar! i now fancy them again he he he

10. Vina-Del-Mar

Vina-Del-Mar Registered

Hi Penny how are you hun?

My daughter bought the Betty Crocker bottle of pancakes. Great you just add water and shake. I agree best way to eat them is with lemon and sugar.

Think I will be buying more bottles - wish all cooking was that quick.

Eve