Positive Anticentromere antibody | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Positive Anticentromere antibody

Discussion in 'Symptoms' started by Daisy5, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Daisy5

Daisy5 New Member

I now have this anticentromere show up was immediately sent to a rheumy. I saw him last October and he didn't listen/ ask of my symptoms just said I have fibromyalgia and gave me Lyrica in which I had bad reaction. I had just seen the eye dr and was diagnosed with sjogrens,taking eye drops to what helps, I'm also spitting cotton. I have lost a lot of weight. Gastroparesis is above the roof, have trouble swallowing food and large pills. My hands are swollen and hot. I took my pics of my face rash, mouth sores and hair loss. He did some muscle lab tests,neg. He says I'm complicated and see him in 3 months.

2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Daisy,

The anticentromere pattern can show up in a few different autoimmune diseases, the primary one being limited Scleroderma otherwise known as Crest. Gastric and swallowing problems are two major symptoms of the disease. However since so many autoimmune diseases share symptoms and patterns it may take some time for the rheumy to properly diagnose you.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

3. Daisy5

Daisy5 New Member

Thanks lazylegs. I just thought I was crazy. I need to start sharing all my symptoms and not let him cut me off. Wish me luck.

4. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Good luck Daisy. Don't forget you can dump this rheumy if he doesn't give you the time of day. A good working relationship is important.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

5. Daisy5

Daisy5 New Member

Well I saw the dentist updated him on stuff.Found out the puffy lower cheeks and pain by my ears is swollen parotid glands.Got a round of prednisone to do.My hands and elbows are swollen and hot and hurt.My temp is running high 98's my norm is 96. My pcp told me yesterday that I have lost 20#in a year. And the funny thing my fingertips are hot red and my hand can be ice cold.Sorry all I had to vent. Just one of those days that have too many bumps in the road.

6. debatat

debatat Moderator

Sounds like a lot to take in, you obviously do not have your disease under control. Once you are on meds that have your disease under control things will improve. I remember constantly looking like I had the mumps, when my glands were so swollen. I really hope that you can get things sorted soon.

7. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Daisy,

The red finger tips with the icy cold hands sounds like when I first had Raynaud's disease. Make sure you mention these symptoms to your rheumy. In the meantime you could try soaking your hands in warm not hot water and wearing gloves to see if you get any relief.