Possible Malar Rash? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible Malar Rash?

Discussion in 'Not Diagnosed Yet?' started by Keat, May 29, 2018.

1. Keat

Keat New Member

Hi! Super new here and embarassed to be posting as I feel like this is very far fetched to be wondering! A few days ago I noticed this very faint rash on my face. It is not very noticeable at all and just looks like a bit of a flushed face which I typically get, however, it has lasted a few days now. Like I said, very very faint but it isnt what my skin typically looks like so I was wondering what it could be. I believe I have had it in the past but always thought it was just due to possible food sensitivities.
    I am wondering what everyones opinion is? If it might be a malar flush/rash or if I am really going out on a limb.

I also used to have joint pain when i was younger that flares up now and again, the past week or 2 I have really noticed achy knees/ankles/ wrists, I am always tired, I have been getting really bad brain fog and finding it hard to concentrate, light headaches, and i seem to always have bruises on my legs.

Like I have said, I feel crazy for posting this. I thought I would give it a go and embarrass myself on here instead of infront of a doctor though Lol.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hello and Welcome...don't ever feel embarrassed about asking a question on here :0). Your rash could be Malar as it doesn't include the naso-labial folds (lines from nose to mouth ).

I suggest you start a daily diary noting how you feel each day and pain grading any symptoms you are getting 0-10....take pictures of anything visible like your rash/swellings/discolourations/ ulcers etc and note the weather each day. Write what these symptoms stop you doing each day and what you are actually doing each day....make specific examples ie can't blow dry my hair/lift something off a shelf etc...…..this all helps give the Drs a rounder picture when you do go and see them.

Also do a bullet point summary of your previous history of feeling unwell.

It would be good to go and let them know how you are feeling, but don't diagnose yourself that can get their backs up !!….. if you show Dr the diary and don't wear any makeup at consultation and tell the absolute honest truth, no being brave (yep my failing !!)…...they can then send you for further investigation. It takes a long time for all this to happen so stay calm and patient.

I don't know if it is autoimmune or not, but either way it would be good to get some answers, especially as it has been going on for a long time.

Best wishes....Claire

Eileen T likes this.