Postive Pregnancy Test | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Postive Pregnancy Test

Discussion in 'Living with lupus' started by Jen79, May 21, 2008.

1. Jen79

Jen79 Guest

My hubby and I have been trying to conceive for almost a yr and I took 3 pregnancy test today and all 3 were postive. I am about 4 weeks pregnant according to my missed cycle. I am going to force myself to make an appointment with the doc afriad I may get bad results. Everyone keep me in your thoughts and I will keep you posted on what is going on.

Jen

2. Clare.T

Clare.T Registered

Jen :)
    I hope congratulations will soon be officially in order ! Do you think it might be a false positive or what is the "bad news" you fear?

I think the tests are very reliable these days. Of course you are doing the right thing to see your doctor, you absolutely have to.

Thanks for letting us know and I will certainly keep my fingers crossed for you

Hugs and all best wishes for the news you want.

Clare

3. Joandublin

Joandublin Registered

Best of luck Jen! As Clare says those tests are extremely reliable nowadays. The only 'false' reading that one might get is showing 'negative' when you are actually pregnant. I never heard of one showing positive and then turning up negative. At least thats what I am realiably informed (me being way beyond worrying about pregnancy tests!) :)

Luv n stuff
    Joan:rose:

4. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Good luck Jen,

I remember being scared that I wouldn't really be pregnant or that something would happen for the first three months. Hopefully all will go well for you and we can congratulate you properly soon :)

Katharine

5. Raglet

Raglet Registered

congratulations - yes, false positives are rare, it's the negatives than can be incorrect (too early for an accurate result).

Best of luck for a long, happy, healthy pregnancy

raglet

6. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

Hello Jen, Please let us know, the suspense is killing me. I really hope all is well for you.
    x Lola

7. sushi

sushi Registered

congratulations Jen, i hope everything goes well for you.

good luck. keep us posted.

8. pennylp

pennylp Registered

Hello Jen,

Congratulations, My thoughts and prayers will be with you today....

Love Penny

9. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Hey Jen,

Congratulations and keep us posted.

10. LoopyLoo

LoopyLoo Registered

Good luck Jen. With the support of your doctors there is no reason why you can't have a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Can't wait to hear how you get on.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

11. Jen79

Jen79 Guest

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words. I made an appointment to see my GP next Tuesday morning. I will keep everyone posted.

Hugs,
    Jennifer

12. macfamily53

macfamily53 Registered

Dear Lyn

U sure will be praying for you to be pregnant and that every thing does well for you during the whole pregnancy.I am sure from the sounds of it all you most likely are pregnant and please take care of yourself no matter what.(((((hugs))))).

Tammy

13. cinderashes

cinderashes cinderashes

Hi Jen

Congratulations and I will certainly be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed not just my fingers!

Sending you every good wish for a healthy happy and safe pregnancy> Keep us posted!

Ash x

14. Maia

Maia Registered

Congratulations Jennifer! I'll be hoping and praying that all goes well with your pregnancy and there will be no bad news - just joy over the next 9 plus months ;) And maybe some of those usual pesky pregnancy symptoms in a few more weeks time!

Take care, and let us know how it goes on Tuesday!

15. mysharonna

mysharonna Guest

Best of luck at your appointment on Tuesday, I will cross my fingers and toes for you to have a wonderful, healthy pregnancy!!

A positive reading means the pregnancy hormone has been detected in your blood...which is only present when you are pregnant so a false positive is pretty near impossible!

Feel well, and keep us posted on your visit!
    Sharon

16. Lily

Lily Registered

Everything crossed here Jen, sounds like very exciting news :)

love
    Lily

17. karen.w.

karen.w. Registered

Congratulations jen!!! I also have never heard of a positive result being wrong so I'm sure it will be fine!

good luck tuesday please let us know how you get on!will keep my fingers& toes crossed for you :fingers:

take care...luv karen x

18. yyarith80

yyarith80 Guest

Best wishes

I hope that all goes well and I am happy to hear about your news good luck at the doctor's and remember positive thinking goes along way. :)

19. elisabethm

elisabethm elisabethm

Congratulations on your positive test i do hope all goes well for you i will keep you in my thought it is great to get good news keep us up to date on how you are going Best Wishes Elisabeth:)

20. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Jen,

I hope you and your husband get the results you want. This is an exciting time, enjoy every minute of it.

Take care,
    Lazylegs