Precautions | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Precautions

Discussion in 'Tests and Procedures' started by lazylegs, Dec 7, 2020.

1. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

What types of precautions are you taking when going to the lab, having procedures done or having infusions? We are waiting for my Covid results after being contact traced following a 5 hour infusion. The staff gets tested weekly and my infusion nursed turned up positive. She had no symptoms I could detect and we were both careful but I am looking for any tips for the next round as the vaccine will not be available by then.

Happy holidays,
    Lazylegs

2. sagehen

sagehen Junior Member

Hi Lazylegs,

I hope you do not Covid, friend. I can only wear my mask, and use hand sanitizer when I go into the lab. My husband, read that using a saline nasal rinse daily helps kill bacteria and viruses in the nasal passages. I use this spray a couple of time a day, while at home. We take zinc also. We are stringent about disinfecting after we leave the house, and return.We limit our exposure to others. I have been blessed to have on line appointments with my doctors during this pandemic. Other than these things, I am not sure what else can be done to prevent infection.

Hoping you stay well, and wishing you a Happy Holiday!

3. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

The results of my test were negative and I never developed any symptoms. By the time I got the results my quarantine time was already up. The experience was enough to make sure we don't slack off on any of the precautions we have been taking up to this point.

Thank you for your response Sandra.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

wolf1, keebler and Jessica1 like this.
  4. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

Glad u r ok Lazylegs
    All my family had coved except my sis and myself. All ok now tho.
    Keep safe

5. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Good to hear you did not get the virus and your family is all okay. Hopefully they had mild cases.

Happy Holidays,
    Lazylegs

wolf1 likes this.
  6. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

Thanks lazylegs
    My brother still suffers with his chest but at least he’s home from hospital now.
    Keep safe

7. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hiya..all of you keep safe...just popping on to say that I use colloidal silver from a very good source to spray over me and into my mouth, up my nose etc...especially as I look after my grandchildren who are germ monsters. I have used it for years as it is anti viral/anti bacterial and anti fungal.... the equine vets use silver plasters etc as it is so good at stopping infections. It also helped reduce the amount of babies being born blind due to their birth via mums with syphilis many years ago. The Romans ate on silver plates and goblets as they found it reduced the amount of stomach upsets...i could go on... but research it if you are interested as it is fascinating !! Just my little tip. Stay as well as you can xxx

wolf1 likes this.
  8. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

That's new to me. You are a fountain of knowledge Claire. I will check it out in my spare time.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

x_claire_x likes this.
  9. sagehen

sagehen Junior Member

Hi Lazy Legs,
    :cold::snow::santa: Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope each of you feel well enough to enjoy this Merry Day! Lazy Legs I am so happy to read you do not have Covid! I have managed to avoid it so far. I do have two ear infections and a hold in my right eardrum. My doctor thinks it is autoimmune related. I will enjoy the small pleasures of this beautiful day of celebration, anyway! Let's smile and carry on! :flower:

10. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Thank you for the Christmas greetings Sandra. I hope your ears didn't spoil your enjoyment. It was a quiet day for us except for our ping pong battle which is always full of laughter.

Happy New Year!
    Lazylegs