Prednisone | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Prednisone

Discussion in 'Medications' started by *V*, Jun 27, 2018.

1. *V*

*V* New Member

I'm on plaquenil, but decided to try prednisone, and I felt so much better! Even my blood values stabilized. But my docs don't want me on it long term, and I understand why... but I wonder, are there other medications I can ask for with somewhat similar effect or something I can supplement with?

2. debatat

debatat Moderator

Pred is a short term med usually used until a flare has stabilised or until another med has kicked in. It would be best to speak to your doctor about other meds as he knows your symptoms best.

3. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hiya...as Deb said Prednisolone is usually started whilst your body is stabilised and other meds may need to be considered to achieve this with as little or no pred as possible... you do need to discuss this with your Rheumatologist.... as all the meds take a while to build up in your body and he/she needs to consider which path may be the most effective for you...……...Claire