Pulm Funct Results ?'s | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Pulm Funct Results ?'s

Discussion in 'Tests and Procedures' started by unlisted, Oct 6, 2018.

1. unlisted

unlisted New Member

Preliminary results from Pulm Funct Tests back. Full results in a couple days.

Its really hard, they say reduced lung volumes nearly across the board. And with my biological sciences background, I dug into the textbooks a little bit to readup on interpreting Pulm tests. Everything looked at said Lung Volume reductions are not a result you want to get.:cry::(

Whats the typically outlook with this type of involvement? Is there any good news? Anyone here have any advise or expereinces you can share....?

2. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

I have MCTD with pulmonary involvement.. it decreased significantly whilst disease was very active...from 95% to 54% over a 18mth period...however since then it has slowed and stayed around the 50% mark. The good news is that most people with MCTD carry a degree of lung involvement.... but it isn't like normal Pulmonary Fibrosis, so the outcome is not the same.

My Rheumy said I would only notice it if I was a marathon runner...…….. I have worried a lot over my lungs as I don't get enough regular testing of them.....but I have calmed down about it with it not sliding further down the scale....and feeling a bit better in myself.

I asked my lung consultant if this would shorten my life expectancy and he said it wouldn't at this level...but important to keep a lid on disease.

take care....Claire