Received Notice of Decision - Fully Favorable! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Received Notice of Decision - Fully Favorable!

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by suebehar, Mar 12, 2009.

1. suebehar

suebehar Registered

I just received my Fully Favorable decidsion from SS!! It has been such a stressful journey, as many of you know. It has been two years, but I am so greatful to my Doctor, who was so supportive and kept telling me to hang in. She felt confident that I would be approved.

The only thing that has me worried (I always have to worry), is that their is a paragraph that states that "an Appeals Council may review the decision of its own and the council could reverse the decision in 60 days."

Does anyone know the frequency of this? Do I still need to drive my self crazy for another two months?

Thank you to everyone for the support and information you have provided.

Susan

2. onetay

onetay The Other Illinois Tammy

Susan,
    I would for now enjoy the good news and worry about that in 2 months if it happens at all. It does happen sometimes but it is for those that they feel have fooled the system. It is always nice to here from someone that is doing well for a change.

3. Joandublin

Joandublin Registered

Many congratulations Sue :)

I hope this '60 day thing' is simply them covering their back if they find out there are any problems with your claim. Try not to worry about it but I know you will be glad when you reach mid May 2009 with not a peep from them! :)

Well done again
    Joan:rose:

4. Joandublin

Joandublin Registered

To Maryr

I moved your post to start a thread of your own in this forum as you might get better responses from your own thread rather than risk it getting 'lost' in someone elses

Take care
    Joan:rose:

5. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Susan,

Congratulations! I know you have had to jump through so many hoops to get here. Now you can enjoy one less stress in your life.

Take care,
    Lazylegs