Request: Good rheumy in/around Phoenix AZ? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Request: Good rheumy in/around Phoenix AZ?

Discussion in 'Find a Lupus Doctor' started by Bny, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Bny

Bny New Member

I really hate even having to ask, but does anyone know of a good rheumy in Phoenix AZ.?

I've really have the worst luck w/ Drs, but I know I'm getting sicker, more debilitated,there's more pain and it's coming on earlier in the year. I'm banging my head against wall trying to explain this to this Drs who aren't getting it. Doctors in other fields as if it were easily treatable and when they say they knew someone with lupus but they didn't have to protect against and fear the very real pain of light, so they somehow dismiss it, they act as though this can be easily treatable and managed or thru treat me speciously. I need to find one doc who honestly understands all the repercussions of lupus, the damage, the excruciating pain, the whole bevy of comorbidities, one understands having to live in blacked out rooms and light-protective clothing and the effects that has-- both positive and negative--someone who understands that both sero negative and seeo positive are equally debilitating and life-threatening. Someone who gets and treats pain plus underlying inflammation.

Suffering w/ 8-10 autoimmunes w/ organ damage...if I had that many types of cancer, I have to believe Drs would be treating me differently.

Thanks so much

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Bny and welcome to the forum.

You could contact your local lupus support group and see what they recommend. Check out the University Hospitals and see what rheumatologist that specialize in autoimmune illnesses. Or maybe your doctor could tell you a good rheumatologist?

Have you been diagnosed with lupus or trying to get diagnosed?
    Take care,
    Lyn