Review | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Review

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by lazylegs, May 19, 2013.

1. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

The review process had me worried since I have non of my original doctors. My stomach went into a knot :eek: when the review letter came. I was fortunate to get the short form. It still took some time to put in all the appointments and reasons for the last two years but it was far from the beginning paperwork. Yesterday I got a letter back saying they did not need to review my case at this time and would not need to contact my doctors :woohoo:. How long this will be for I don't know. I am just very relieved at this moment.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

2. luci

luci Registered

I am glad they did not need to review your case. Paper work is horrible. I have started keeping a note book of all my appointment and what happened or what meds they gave me.
    Someone on here gave me the ideal a long time ago I love this site. Take care.
    Luci

3. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Great news for you Lazylegs - it must be such a relief.

4. debatat

debatat Moderator

I am pleased for you. It is stressful to deal with paperwork.

5. ElephantEyes

ElephantEyes Registered

That's great news Lazylegs :)

6. keebler

keebler Moderator

What a huge sigh of relief for you. :dancing:
    Take care,
    Lyn

7. Miknan

Miknan Registered

Glad that worked out for you Lazylegs. My wife was approved the first try in Oct 2011. The original paperwork said the review would be 5-7 years but now 28 months later she got the CDR in the mail. I don't know the difference between the short and long form but it looks like a lot so I'm guessing it's the long form. She had changed Rheumys since being approved and the new dr always says she looks better. Better is very relative and I have to admit I'm terrified she might lose her benefits. I might need some meds myself I'm so stressed.

8. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Getting that letter in the mail stressed me out also. Fortunately I got the short form. The only thing you can do is fill it out honestly. Even though the doctor says your wife is looking better it may not mean he feels she is stable enough to return to work.

I wish you luck.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

9. debatat

debatat Moderator

I agree With Breanne. Your wife may only be better due to meds and a change in lifestyle. Being well enough to work is a whole different matter. I wish you well, your family has been through so much.