Rib spasm? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Rib spasm?

Discussion in 'Symptoms' started by Mommyandteacher, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Mommyandteacher

Mommyandteacher New Member

I often get what feels like a spasm or a knot on my rib under my right breast. If I reaching really high for something,twist funny, or tense up. It always balls up in the same place. I can press on it and feel it tensed up and then it will go away in 2-3 min... it's always in the exact same place... anyone else with my strange symptom??

kittychik likes this.
  2. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

Hi
    I get that under my right rib cage, if I stretch it catches me badly and it's always is in the same place.
    It is quite painful but when it eases it's like it was t there at all. No signs of anything there though so that's good.
    Hope you feel better soon
    Keep safe
    Wolf1

kittychik likes this.
  3. savikat13

savikat13 New Member

I've gotten that on my side under my rib when I sleep! It's the strangest feeling. It doesn't last long and usually goes away if I change positions. Also sometimes on the right under my rib cage.
    Nice to know someone else gets this unusual feeling!
    <3,
    Savi

kittychik likes this.
  4. kittychik

kittychik New Member

YES!!! I get this too and it hurts horribly while it's happening. Mine is mainly on my left side, but occasionally when I'm really unlucky it will happen on both sides simultaneously. I never really thought of it being connected to lupus, but now that I think about it this never occurred until I began experiencing noticeable lupus symptoms.

5. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

I have had a virus for 4 weeks and left with severe pain in ribcage..it is gradually easing but still have a knot of pain under right breast but in my ribs....very strange and very painful when coughing or sneezing or picking stuff off the floor etc...never known costochondritis or such taking so long to go away !!! Lupus likes to surprise us just as we think we are getting the hang of it........

klminsb and wolf1 like this.
  6. mark176

mark176 Active Member

Glad to hear u are on the mend Claire

x_claire_x likes this.
  7. Fanko

Fanko New Member

Yes lupus seems to like my ribcage, had awful flare up when I had a lung infection. Felt like an invisible person was stabbing my ribcage (after that found out I had pneumonia and had to be hospitalized). Feeling much better but feel daily twinges in my ribs - mostly on the Lower right ribs. Researched it and it looks like costochondritis. I can manage the pain with paracetamol. Sometimes it hurts to laugh or burp!

8. tracy08

tracy08 New Member

I also get this but have no idea what it is I would be grateful for any help

9. paytonmom4

paytonmom4 New Member

I've struggled with this for years!! It's so annoying and painful. There is no warning for when it happens! One dr said it was due to damage to my vagal nerve. It's so frustrating and makes one feel even more freakish!

klminsb likes this.