S.S. Review Results | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

S.S. Review Results

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by ceenic123, Nov 2, 2009.

1. ceenic123

ceenic123 Registered

I have had S.S.D. Benefits since 2001 and recieved a letter of review several months ago. I am happy to share that they still consider me Disabled. :eek: It is good news, just unfortunate that I am still disabled...lol :hehe:

2. sunflowergirl2

sunflowergirl2 Registered

:flowery:Congrats! I'm on disability,too. Just received Medicare benefits. I'm up for renewal next yr. What do they do? Thanks for any help or advice! Cathy

3. keebler

keebler Moderator

Congrats Ceenic:)
    I love your attitude.

Love,
    Lyn

4. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

I am glad it all worked out for you. Like Jen I am interested in the process you had to go through.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

5. ceenic123

ceenic123 Registered

@Keebler, I do try to have a Good attitude about things. I have learned that if I can't change the situation, then why should I allow myself to get extremely upset...Or at least try not to let it....lol :wink2:
    They send a Questionairre asking for dotors names and contact info., prescriptions being taken, diagnoses, and what do you do on a typical day. Basically they want to know what you can and can't do physically. Like can or how long can you sit,stand,walk,lift,etc. They ask what tests, surgeries, and procedures were done. I answered it all and mailed it in. Then I got a phone call asking me if they feel that my doctors didn't give enough info. on my case, would I mind to see their doctors. I said...Absolutely w/o hesitation. Fortunately for me I wasn't asked to see their doctors. I was just sent the notice replying that I am still disabled. :eek:
    They look to see how compliant you are. That is what I noticed.