Sevenpointfive therapy? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Sevenpointfive therapy?

Discussion in 'Complementary therapies' started by fairydust, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fairydust

fairydust Registered

Just wondered if anyone has heard of or tried this? A lady with fibro told me about it yesterday and has had good results over the last two weeks. I read up about it and it seems a guy with lupus developed the treatment.

I've booked an appointment to see a lady in Brighton next week but would be grateful to hear any experiences first.

Thanks

Michelle

2. cally

cally Registered

I am very sceptical of these types of businesses and tend to think they are just money making initiatives. The power of the placebo is very strong, as scientifically proven. Anyway, if you are sure you want to give it a go make sure before you try any of their products your rheumy is fully aware. Some of these may interact detrimentally with any medication you are taking or just with your conditions which the practitioner you are seeing will not know as they are not medically qualified.

Thats just my word of warning. Let us know how it goes.

Cally

3. fairydust

fairydust Registered

Thanks cally, that's really good advice! I'll let you know how it goes xxx

4. Pollyr

Pollyr New Member

Just to pick up on Cally's comment "The power of the placebo is very strong"... I think the 'placebo' affect is hugely underestimated and is amazing - i.e. the body healing itself because you are believing it can get better (thinking you're taking something that will help). It's well known that the placebo effect is a significant element of the effect of drugs (can't remember the actual % but I guess it varies from drug trial to drug trial) and is actually more effective than some drugs which are licenced. We underestimate what our bodies and brains can do to heal themselves and some people only put their trust in pharmaceuticals, some of which can also be very damaging. I'm not against drugs - they are totally essential sometimes - but I prefer to give my body the conditions it needs (diet, environment, mind-set, exercise, sleep, completmentary therapies, whatever) to heal itself wherever possible. So YAY for the placebo effect!

5. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

I'd also take note of Cally's wise words to make your Rheumy aware of anything you might try because of the risk of it interacting with your condition or medication. It's very sensible to eat a healthy diet etc but I wouldn't be without the carefully balanced medication my Rheumy has prescribed!!

I'm going to close this thread now as it is very dated and the other members who have posted on this haven't been on the forum for some time. Welcome to the boards, anyway, Pollyr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.