Skin pain | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Skin pain

Discussion in 'Symptoms' started by Machak, Jan 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Machak

Machak New Member

Does anyone else deal with areas of skin that will suddenly start hurting (painful to touch) with no rash or blemish, then a few days later stop?

2. mark176

mark176 Active Member

Hi

Yes, i had this

It was either just painful, or it was hot and painful.

If its just painful, probably inflammation of connective tissue in skin, if its burning, probably inflammation of neurones in skin.

Hope that helps
    Mark

3. Machak

Machak New Member

Thanks Mark, it is good to know that yes this happens and it isn't just "me". :)

4. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

You are not alone. It is usually one of the first signs of a flare for me.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

5. Machak

Machak New Member

Great to know Lazy legs! Sorry you have to deal with that too, but it helps to know others find that sign too. Now if We can just get things under control so that we DON'T have to deal with that pain!

6. Castilloc594

Castilloc594 New Member

I get burning feeling and aching in my thighs. My skin is hot to touch too. Is this a symptom of lupus?

7. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

Yes, I suffer with that to. It goes asquick as it comes tho. You are not alone
    Take care
    Wolf1

Castilloc594 likes this.
  8. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Yesterday my neuro explained the skin burning has to do with the small nerve fibers. It is not uncommon in Lupus and can be confirmed with a skin biopsy. It is sensory whereas peripheral neuropathy has more to do with motor control.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

Castilloc594 likes this.
  9. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

If I've overdone it or been exposed to artificial light, my knees always feel like they're on fire and they go red but are never hot to the touch. I use that as one of my warnings that I need to slow down. It's not pleasant while it's there though. I also get the sore skin feeling without any marks or rashes, like if someone was to brush a hair off my top at the back it would feel like hitting a bruise.

10. Machak

Machak New Member

Lazy legs, I've had the biopsy done and do have small fiber issues, so that does start to out two and two together! Thanks!

I agree Jess that it is critical to catch those warning signs! We sure pay for it later if we don't....

Jessica1 likes this.
  11. Marty H

Marty H New Member

My skin hurts often. It leaves quickly, although the skin on the back of my hands are still tender. Its been going on now for about a week, consecutively.