SLE drug trial - LY2127399 | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

SLE drug trial - LY2127399

Discussion in 'Lupus News, Awareness and Research' started by Holley, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Holley

Holley Registered

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that I will be trialing the drug LY2127399. I will not know if i am getting a placebo, half dose or full dose.

I am going for my first appointment on monday to get screened and get all the blood test and xrays done.

Wish me luck :)

I will keep you informed.

Holley :)
    x

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Holley,

Good luck on your drug trial.:luck:
    Thank you for going on the trial. It gives us hope with new treatments for lupus.
    Take care,
    Lyn

3. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Wish you well Holley... I am in the middle of a trial myself....its great we are getting the chance to push meds on in the world of Lupus..thats progress YAY.

4. ElephantEyes

ElephantEyes Registered

Best of luck Holley - keep us posted :)

5. cally

cally Registered

Good luck and thank you!!! Keep us updated with your progress. How do you take it? Is it a tablet or an infusion?

6. Holley

Holley Registered

Thanks guys!!

I think I will be getting injections at the hospital. My first appointment is on Monday so I will touch base when I get back from there. I'm excited LOL I just hope my effort will be able to help others in the future :)

7. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Holley,

:fingers: you get the real medication and show improvement.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

8. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

All the best Holly and keep us informed.
    Good luck.
    wolf1

9. Holley

Holley Registered

Hi guys,

Yesterday I had a ECG, Chest xray, heaps of blood and urine samples done. My hospital has to send these samples to Singapore to be tested so I wont have the results for about a week. All these test were done to see if I am suitable for the trial. The last two patients tested ended up not being able to participate as one tested for skin cancer and the other lady had something wrong with her kidneys. Hopefully I am healthy enough to participate :)

10. keebler

keebler Moderator

:fingers: crossed for you.

11. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Well done for round one.....I will keep everything crossed for you!

12. Holley

Holley Registered

Thanks guys :)

13. Holley

Holley Registered

Had this email sent to me today:

Hi Holley, We are slowly getting all your blood results back. Your blood test for TB came back today and unfortunately is has come back as "Indeterminate" which means it is neither positive or negative. We certainly don't think you have TB but for the sake of the trial we need to repeat the test. Are you ok to come in and have a blood test this week??

So back in on Wednesday to get this test repeated then we will find out if I am eligible :)

14. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Holley,
    :fingers: that you can continue on with the trial.
    Take care,
    Lyn

15. Holley

Holley Registered

Hi guys,

Check out the email I just got:

Hi Holley

CONGRATULATION! You passed screening and your Quantiferon Gold (TB blood test) comes back negative the second time round! Are u available on Wednesday the 3 April at 10am? This visit may take up to 3 hours. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Rachel Campbell | Registered Nurse | Rheumatology Clinic | Ryburn Buildings | Waikato Hospital | Private Bag 3200 | Hamilton 3204 |

YAY!!! So my first injection and appointment is next Wednesday :)

Will let you know how I get on!

Holley xx

16. keebler

keebler Moderator

:woohoo: Holley
    Thank you for doing this trial for us all.
    Please keep us inform how it is going for you.
    :cheer2:
    Lyn

17. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

YAY way to go....well done Holley x

18. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly for you on the 3rd.

19. Holley

Holley Registered

Thanks guys :)

20. Holley

Holley Registered

Hi all :)

Had my loading dose yesterday - it was all good. Getting injections in my abdomen every 2 weeks. My partner will be doing it at home for me.

Wish I knew if I was getting the drug or not... Wont find out for a whole year!

Havent had any side effects - I was a little moody this morning though haha!

Will keep you in the loop.

Holley :)