Something for My Throat? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Something for My Throat?

Discussion in 'Complementary therapies' started by susane, Dec 31, 2016.

1. susane

susane Registered

I keep getting strep throat, and taking antibiotics. Back when I use to be able to get the 'Miracle Mouth Wash' I didn't have that going on. I am sure that due to the lupus, and my sjogren's that I get a build up of bacteria, fungus or whatever we also get in our stomachs. I use regular mouth wash, but it doesn't stop this. The other rinse even one called 'Swish and Swallow' helped everything as it went down. I rarely even got a sore throat.

My question is if you know of anything that I can take that would help with this issue?

Thanks Friends

2. VeeJay

VeeJay Member

Would zinc lozenges help? They coat the throat.

3. Eileen T

Eileen T Registered

Hi Susane,

Personally, I find that plenty of vitamin C in my diet does help to keep throat infections at bay. Although I enjoy plenty of fruit and veg, in the winter months I also take a vitamin C supplement. I rarely get throat bugs these days, but when I do, I also gargle with salt water (not to everybodies taste though :) )

4. susane

susane Registered

Thank you everyone!