SOS. Asap need help now in bristol | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

SOS. Asap need help now in bristol

Discussion in 'Living with lupus' started by Bexlavais, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Bexlavais

Bexlavais New Member

SOS. Asap need help now in bristol

2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

What is wrong? We need more information before we can help.

3. Bexlavais

Bexlavais New Member

Hi Lazylegs

I need some shopping ☹...

4. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

We are doing our shopping on line. In the US a few grocery stores are delivering or doing a drive up service where you place your order ahead and they put it in your car when you drive up. Another option would be to contact a friend, family member or neighbor to pick something up for you when they are out.

5. Bexlavais

Bexlavais New Member

I've tried online shopping and there are no slots available and I don't have a car for click and collect service. I've recently moved so I don't know my neighbours like that. I've just registered with the government for support so I will just have to now be patient to see what the outcome will be.
    Thanks for your reply

6. Surferboy

Surferboy Registered

Have you signed up to the governments extremely vulnerable person register? They can deliver food boxes to you and you will also get priority slots for online shopping from Sainsburys.

7. Bexlavais

Bexlavais New Member

Hi surferboy. Yes I've registered but I haven't received a letter from the rheumatologist, does that matter. Also I'm not registered with Sainsbury's and their website said they aren't accepting new customers at this time ☹

8. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

I too found that it's impossible to get delivery slots. My sister registered with the government and was then offered slots by Sainsbury's and Asda, I've registered and heard nothing but I didn't get in as early as she did. It's very
    frustrating....we tried to register my 88 year old father in law but because he doesn't have any health conditions on the list we can't do that. Fortunately we have found a way round it but all of the supermarkets are no longer using their telephone helplines or email boxes.
    Have you contacted your local authority? They should be able to point you in the right direction of a charity or volunteers that are helping people out.
    I hope this helps. Take care,
    Jess.

9. Bexlavais

Bexlavais New Member

Hi Jess. I eventually received my NHS letter so I'm kind of all good now, when they got what I want in stock. I heard from Tesco and asda and asda never has any delivery slots. It would be nice to have the option to shop at more places so when one shop doesn't have I can try another.
    This virus is just ruining my life. Just don't forget to wear gloves when bringing in deliveries and cleaning them off.
    Take care and stay as safe as you can.
    Bex

10. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Hi Bex,
    I'm glad to hear that you're sorted now as much as you can be.
    Take care,
    Jess.

11. Bexlavais

Bexlavais New Member

Jess, it takes time as with everything else. I think as people are registering with them, they send a certain amount of people to the supermarkets or they have dates when the send them. Hope you hear something soon xx

12. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Thank you Bex. I'm fortunate that my husband does the shopping and washes it. It's not ideal but I'd rather someone else use the delivery who may not have any help, he gets shopping for two elderly neighbours too so he's doing his good deed for society.:)

13. Smile Of Life

Smile Of Life Duncan

Hi Bex,
    Remember that gloves are no different to bare hands if you touch your face with them (as everyone does subconsciously every few minutes). Better not to use gloves and wash your hands frequently rather than lull yourself into a false sense of security.
    Stay safe.