SSD Hearing Date | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

SSD Hearing Date

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Jenkay, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Jenkay

Jenkay Jen

Finally got my date for my SSD Hearing, Nov 10. I was really nervous about it at first and guess I still am a little but what can I do but present my case to the best of my ability, there is no way I can work.

I just think it is so difficult for others to understand what it is like to live the way I do, I never really would have believed or understood what this was like without experiencing it.

I always related it back to my pregnancies, my first pregnancy was excellent, no problems or sickness, and when I was done my thought was what the heck are all these women complaining about being pregnant is awesome but then when I was pregnant with my second I was so sick it was awful and then on bed rest the last two months, I had no understanding of what others went through until I experienced it myself.

Anyway, I'm going to start taking one day a week preparing my notes and ideas so I can do the best job possible presenting my situation.

Jen

2. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Jen,

Have you kept a diary? If so bring it and if not start one daily.
    Get notes from doctors on your behalf.
    Notes from family members and friends are very helpful too.

Do you have a attorney?

Very Important when your young to make one REALLY BIG POINT.......

You must NOT be able to sit or stand for long periods of time as if you cant do this then you can not be gainfully employed.......VERY IMPORTANT!!!

So make sure you put this into word form in a diary, letters from doctors on your behalf and also friends and family.

I wish you luck.

3. Jenkay

Jenkay Jen

I have kept a daily diary for 4 years, lots of info I'll be reviewing and I'm going to ask my doc for a letter on Monday, she has provided lots of documentation but I'll feel better going with a letter from her.

I'm being represented by allsup which is mandated by my private disability company.

4. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Wishing you all the best of luck Jen :fingers:

I'm no expert on these things so now real advice from me but loads of good wishes instead :)

Katharine

5. Coastiewife

Coastiewife Guest

Boy, I hope you have an attorney, I would hate to go through this alone.

Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Oh yes, Allsup is good and very successful.

Let us know how you make out.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

Maybe take pictures with you too if you have any of rashes, swelling, etc..

7. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Good luck Jen. Really explain how limited you are. It needs to be made clear that even being reliable for a desk job is out of the question at this time.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

8. Lily

Lily Registered

Good luck Jen, being well prepared does make a big difference. We will be thinking of you :luck:

love
    Lily

9. greenhaggis

greenhaggis Registered

Goodluck Jen!

10. macfamily53

macfamily53 Registered

Hi Jen

I understand being nervous about it all((((hugs))).You will do fine i am sure of it.I did not have a hearing i just kept reapplying for it and getting denied three times grrr.I know many people that have had a hearing and all went well.Just bring all your xrays test of anykind.I sure hope the next two months go by real fast for you.You have so much support here i sure hope you know that allready.:)Please make sure you let us know when it is all over with.(((hugs)))

Tammy

11. keebler

keebler Moderator

Good luck Jen.

Love,
    Lyn

12. sunflowergirl2

sunflowergirl2 Registered

Good luck, Jen. It's such a stressful thing to go thru (trying to get disability), and they sure don't make it any easier. Luckily I was approved first time around (after jumping thru all their hoops). Sounds like you are well prepared and have supportive docs. That all helps. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Cathy:)