SSD Hearing Feb 23rd | Page 2 | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

SSD Hearing Feb 23rd

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Billy Bob, Feb 7, 2011.

1. keebler

keebler Moderator

What great, awesome, sweet news, Bill!!
    :woohoo::yahoo::woohoo:

I have a feeling your stress has gone down quite a bit. :dancing:

I am very happy for you!

:excited:
    Lyn

2. TracyJN

TracyJN Registered

Great news Bob, really pleased for you! :woohoo:

3. debatat

debatat Moderator

Thats great news!!!

4. lynettea

lynettea Registered

this is wonderful news!!! I got mine very easily too. It's such a relief. I wish everyone who deserved it went through this easily.
    I don't know about you though but after I won mine I kind of felt like... ok now what do I do? I wish there was a local social group of people on disability that I could hang out with. It's very lonely sometimes.

5. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Bill

Thank you everybody!

I'm sorry your lonley Lynettea.....I have a dog, two birds, and three cats and of course my wife and four grandsons to keep me busy. My problem is that I don't have the energy to much of anything. I'm really having something bad happening right now and it's lasted since just before Christmas so I don't feel like doing or going anywhere 8) This great news will hopefully help but I have slept for about 20 hours off and on and woke up with a headache:rolleyes:. I see VA Kidney doc in morning and they scheduled my MRI for March 10th so we will see and I will let everybody know how it all goes.

Thanks again for ALL the messages it really helps:)

Bill

6. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Congratulations Bill. By the way.....I have 2 African Greys.
    What kind of birds do you share your home with?
    Birds are my passion. ;)

7. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Bill

Hey Karol,

I have two cockatiels. I raised one from a baby and he is about 15 years old and the other is about 4 years old that is missing most of his toes. The owners were going to put him down as they sell baby birds so we took it. He gets along just fine with minimal problems (We named him NoToe). He's very pretty yellow and white. The one I raised thinks he's a person and always puts his head in my hand and wants me to pet his head. The cats sleep on top of the cage as we put an old plastic raft on top for a roof as the cage is in the pool area. They don't mess with the birds too much.....:)....just Charlie the young black cat in my picture but he's calming down now. He used to attack and play with the dog. I wish I could figure out how to download a few vidio clips on here as it is very funny to watch as my dog is about 90 pounds....

I love african greys but cannot afford one:(

Bill

8. greenhaggis

greenhaggis Registered

Hey there ,

Just got back from my break away with hubby and kids, but wanted to to say

:woohoo::spin::woohoo::spin::woohoo::spin::woohoo:​

9. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Bill

Thank You Lesley,

Take a load off our stress. Just need to get the official ruling!!!

Bill

10. granny-of-five

granny-of-five Registered

Good luck, I've appealed for my disabilty here in Tennessee & waiting on my court date.

11. Maia

Maia Registered

What a relief! And I agree.. .now to just get the official paperwork confirming your lawyer's belief. And it is pretty quick on that backpay check too - usually within 30 days of getting that official letter. Feel better soon...

12. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Bill

Thanks Granny and Maia,

Now we can try to get our finances back together and know what our monthly income will be and we can see what we need to do.

Bill

13. countrylass

countrylass Registered

Just read your post,know we talked briefly yesterday.but my what a releif and what a stressful situation to go threw never mind all the finalcial concern,loss sleep extra pain brught on by such stress for you and your wife,4 grandkids thats lovely.
    pets to.
    good luck with final in written form so when official.nice judge..........shameful u have to prove when so obvious from medical records alone.

i got cats.1 boy 1 girl they so make house a home......

hugs
    wish you less pain.

countrylass

14. Jennannshear

Jennannshear Registered

That is wonderful news!! Congrats..

15. KarolH

KarolH Registered

I love the name you gave to your cockateil, so appropriate. :)
    I lost my cockateil in May 2010 and then had to put our dog down in September 2010....not a good year.
    My dog had great respect for my birds as he knew the Bird would win. He figured this out when he got too close one day and lost a chunk of skin from his nose.
    He was a hunting dog and specifically a bird dog. LOL
    We never used him to hunt but some do.
    As for African Greys........yes they are very pricey.
    The toys and cages alone needed can break the bank.
    Enjoy your teils............they are lovely too. ;)

16. macfamily53

macfamily53 Registered

Hi Bill

Im sorry i did not respond before to this post but i sure am glad you are able to breath easier for sure.I never had to have a hearing thank Goodness but i did have to answer an awful lot of questions for it with my Rhueme .I was so blessed she wrote a letter along with the questions saying i was not able to work any job anymore because of my health.
    I am hoping now that you can relax some that you get feeling much better((hugs)).This disease really stinks and so frustrating that we have to explain how we feel to everyone and they look at me like why can't i work grrr.I dont care anymore and i just try to do what i can when i feel good.Take care of yourself and im sure glad you found the lupus sight ((hugs)) .There is an awful lot of wonderful caring people with a lot of information.So just ask away haha :).

Tammy

17. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Bill

Thanks Tammy,

I have been feeling pretty good lately but the degenerative bone disease has now affected my neck as well as my lower back which I have had for years. The MRI I had on my neck was not good as all....every joint on the MRI shows some sort problem...from bulging disc's on down the line....They have now scheduled me for a visit to a nero surgen......more to follow...later..:)

Bill