SSI seeing "their doc" | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

SSI seeing "their doc"

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Jennannshear, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Jennannshear

Jennannshear Registered

Hi, I applied a few months ago for SSI.. did all that joyful paper work and just received a letter stating that they are setting me up with one of their doctors next week.. is this the normal process??? I am not sure what to expect..

2. debatat

debatat Moderator

Jenna, I am in uk, but just wanted to wish you well!

3. suebehar

suebehar Registered

This is part of the process. Be sure to bring a list of all your medications. A list of doctor's appointments and tests since you applied for SSI and any doctor's notes. You may want to start a pain/symptom diary too.

Good luck,

Susan

4. ceenic123

ceenic123 Registered

Yes, it is normal. Make sure that you explain in Great detail about your pains and symptoms. Make sure you have a thorough list of all meds,tests, and procedures that you have taken or are in the process of. They are looking for a Dr. to say that you are full disabled. I hope that you have 1 of your own doctors stating that. Good luck. I hope you get it.

5. Jennannshear

Jennannshear Registered

Oh boy. Well I handed everything that I had in.. it stated that I needed to make sure I was there or they would have to go on what I sent in alone and that it may not be enough to decide. I have an app this Friday with my Rheumie but its not with him but his underdog.. hmmmm. I planned on taking all my meds with me and the lists of doctors.. should I ask for a letter from my rheumie?

6. ceenic123

ceenic123 Registered

All copies of reports from any of your doctors should be forwarded to SS. Especially tests,diagnoses,meds etc....
    If it hasn't been done, then ask all doctors offices to do so ASAP. S.S. needs all info. to make a decision. Good Luck. :)

7. Jennannshear

Jennannshear Registered

Thanks.. yes I did send in every little detail as I was told to be as detailed as possible.. I am aware that some doctors have sent in some info regaurding my ssi .. I am not positive if the Lupus doctor or the Seizure doctor sent anything in. I do have my own papers that state I have Lupus and I have complex seizures and that I am being treated for it.. I will take those in with me.

8. sunflowergirl2

sunflowergirl2 Registered

:hehe:Good luck! I had to see one of SSI's rheumys. Luckily it was cold out and my hands were really purplish from Raynaud's. I've had a lot of foot problems due to RA. She said "You shouldn't even be on those feet" (I have had 3 foot surgeries since.) I was approved first time around. Be sure to mention ALL the problems that have been caused by lupus and every symptom you've had. It feels like you have to jump thru hoops, doesn't it? The paperwork alone was daunting! Cathy

9. Jennannshear

Jennannshear Registered

Hi, yes I know about that paper work.. my goodness. I am actually going to print out some pics that I took.. I took them because I wanted my sisters to see them.. I was going to delete them but forgot and now I think I will use them to my benefit.