Success | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Success

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by KarenM, Jun 13, 2009.

1. KarenM

KarenM Registered

To my complete astonishment I have been awarded DLA, HRC, MRM, and in such a very short period of time, 6 weeks from application to decision. I know DWP get a lot of stick, some deserved, but have to say, my case has been dealt with expeditiously, courteously, and above all with great efficiency.

I have to say it was imperative for me to have the assistance of a Welfare Rights Advisor via the CAB, and to book a slot with my GP to discuss my needs and indeed my state of health. My GP's report both written and verbal to DWP was crucial.

The award is much more than I ever expected, and has been given indefinitely.

Well done to DWP, this will go a long way to enable me to get some much needed assistance during the day, when my husband has to work longer hours.

2. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Oh Karen what fabulous news :woohoo: it must be a huge relief to you!!!

I'm so glad for you and it means you can now relax and concentrate on you and feeling as best you can.

Katharine

3. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

Dear Karen, Getting Disability Benefit is a Godsend. It takes some of the worry out of our situation. I think you should have a little treat for you and your Husband, as well as doing sensible things with the cash.
    x lola

4. elisabethm

elisabethm elisabethm

Congratulations Karen on getting your DLA it does take a weigh of you when you need it.I have been on it for 11yrs mines is for life.Have you had the ot out to help you aswell if not then give them a call and if you need any aids then ask for them Best Wishes Elisabeth

5. Jencg

Jencg Registered

Really pleased for you Karen. I know it will be a weight off your mind and hope you will be able to treat yourself as well as using it for all the sensible things.

I am only on Incapacity Benefit right now but have to say that my claim has been dealt with quickly and efficiently too.

Good luck.

Love Jen x