Supplements i find that help.... | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Supplements i find that help....

Discussion in 'Complementary therapies' started by xXBellaXx, Apr 26, 2018.

1. xXBellaXx

xXBellaXx New Member

After not knowing what was wrong with me for such a long time i finally got to see Mr Reece at DMH Darlington who suggested taking Gingko Biloba tablets which i started straight away since then I’ve added the following

Ginsing
    Omega 3 fish oils (not fish liver oils)
    Multi Vitamins
    Evening Primrose Oil
    Epervestant Vitamin C

These are taken along side my daily prescribed medication & i am wanting to find out if there’s anything else anyone can suggest as it is I’m taking 13 tablets on a morning alone.
    After starting the supplements i have found i am feeling so much better & didn’t catch the horrible cold my other half had which I’d usually do as I’ve no immune system after having a full splenectomy due to ITP caused by SLE :/

2. Chelle Martin

Chelle Martin New Member

PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR PCP OR RHEUMATOLOGIST BEFORE STARTING ANY NEW SUPPLEMENT OR MEDICATION.

Over the past three years, I've been given TONS of advice from people who either have lupus or know someone who does. I've taken their advice and discussed the options with my rheumy. Here's what I take on a daily basis:

In the early afternoon, I take 2 tablets Calcium 600 mg , 2 tablets Glucosamine Chondroitin, 1 tablet Stress B Complex, 1 capsule Turmeric Curcumin, 1 gel Vitamin A 8000 iu and 1 gel Vitamin D 5000 iu

At night I take another 2 tablets of Glucosamine Chondroitin, and another turmeric curcumin. I also take 1 tablet Magnesium, 1 tablet Potassium along with 20 mg Omeprazole and 200 mg Plaquenil. Every three days, I take an iron pill. I fully believe this regimen has kept me from being in pain and unable to do what I do on a daily basis. But I also know that may be good for one person may not produce the same results with someone else. Take my suggestions, consult with your Rheumatologist and/or your Primary and use their medical knowledge to guide you.

3. xXBellaXx

xXBellaXx New Member

Dr Bridget Griffiths at The Freeman Hospital has said they’re all fine to take.

4. mark176

mark176 Active Member

Hi

I drink ginko bilboa tea. Its great for circulation

Mark