swollen stomach and rib spasms | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

swollen stomach and rib spasms

Discussion in 'Living with lupus' started by paytonmom4, Oct 14, 2016.

1. paytonmom4

paytonmom4 New Member

Wondering if anyone else gets an extremely swollen stomach with pain below belly button and rib spasms? I have an endoscopy scheduled in a few weeks. I spent a few days in hospital last week and they really didn't find anything. One Doctor actually told me he felt it was Lupus attacking my stomach but he said doctors aren't trained to deal with Lupus patients. I had a CT scan done and a transvaginal ultrasound. There were a few ascites, a very small hiatal hernia, and a tiny spot on my liver. The doctors didn't seem to think that was causing my pain.

2. debatat

debatat Moderator

It would seem that something is going on, but it is tricky ruling out different causes. I hope the endoscopy reveals some answers for you.

3. mark176

mark176 Active Member

The pain below stomach I can relate to. I get it near appendix and further down on same side to groin. Prior to diagnosis I thought I had a grumbling appendix.

Mine seems to get worse with inflammatory foods e.g. Coffee or alcohol.

They did various scans on me ultrasound, ct with contrast, pet ct and all that came back was reactive lymph nodes.

Kind regards
    Mark