Test results | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Test results

Discussion in 'Newly diagnosed' started by LuvnDbeach, Aug 28, 2020.

1. LuvnDbeach

LuvnDbeach New Member

i got the results back from my second round of blood work: another positive ANA and I also have double stranded dna. But, I have no symptoms of Lupus. So, the Rheamatologist doesn’t want to start me on the immune suppresent drugs since it makes me prone to colds and flus. She wants me to follow up in 2 months. She said I could be in the very early stages of it or I may not have it. Anyone else been told that? It’s very confusing!

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sometimes it takes awhile for symptoms to catch up with the labs or even the other way.
    He din't start you on any medications?
    Doctors don't like to give that diagnoses straight away. They like to keep an eye on you and see what goes on.
    Lupus label causes problems with insurances etc.

Here is a link to the main page of this forum. It has loads of information.
    https://www.thelupussite.com/

This next link is a symptom page. Just click on them and it will let you know how lupus affects.
    https://www.thelupussite.com/

Take care,
    Lyn

3. LuvnDbeach

LuvnDbeach New Member

No meds. She said that since I don’t have any symptoms yet and my kidneys and liver levels are normal, she doesn’t want to put me on any meds yet because they make you more susceptible to colds and flus.
    Thank you for the info!

keebler likes this.
  4. Laranne

Laranne New Member

Don't be too discouraged, and it's not necessarily bad to wait and watch. I went for many years just with occasional nsaids before symptoms got bad enough to start plaquenil, etc. Due to side effects I'm glad I waited and had two children and several good years. Unfortunately they made the diagnosis and for these many years even those without symptoms I can not get personal disability, life, or long term care insurance. If you want it you might consider buying sooner rather than later.