Thankful...to lupus | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Thankful...to lupus

Discussion in 'Living with lupus' started by mea, Oct 19, 2018.

1. mea

mea mea

Hi everyone,
    Sorry I've been away so long but have been dealing with a lot of issues as of late. Earlier this year I started getting a lot more leg swelling so rheumy ordered a lot of test to determine the cause. Most tests didn't pick up anything new (apart from a new pattern added to my ana results- cytoplasmic pattern which he says is common in ctds , mentioned schleroderma in particular :eek:) and as prednisone made the swelling go down he says connected to the lupus/ctd.
    Went back to work and a few weeks later ct & mri results came back saying they had picked up a unrelated issue, a lesion on my pancreas. So , it seems that while the immune issues were causing me problems with swelling , it may very well have saved my life as I was not having any symptoms and would not have known about the tumor until it was maybe too late to do anything about it. So now I'm home recovering from a distal pancreatectomy and splenectomy and awaiting the pathology report- surgeon says it looked like it was still in the precancerous stage but can't say for sure until path is back.:fingers:
    I'm wondering if anyone else on here has the cytoplasmic pattern in the ANA results?
    Hope everyone is doing ok on this bumpy ride.

wolf1 and Lupusdude like this.
  2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Mea,

Testing can become a chore but sometimes something is red flagged and it becomes a blessing. Good luck with your results.

mea and Lupusdude like this.
  3. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Great to hear it got caught early! Hope it comes back negative. Peace

mea likes this.
  4. susane

susane Registered

Mea I am praying for you that all turns out ok.

mea likes this.
  5. mea

mea mea

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, still waiting on path results:fingers:.

Anyone here have the cytoplasmic pattern on the ANA test?

6. mea

mea mea

Have my results at last. Tumor was benign!!! I am over the moon happy:D So thankful it was found early.:cloud9:

7. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

That's fantastic news Mea....what a brilliant early Christmas present, I'm so happy for you :cheer:. Take care and stay well,
    Jess.

mea likes this.
  8. sagehen

sagehen Junior Member

Hi Mea,

I am so happy to read your wonderfully great news! Thank you, for sharing it with us!
    Best Wishes,

mea likes this.
  9. mea

mea mea

Thanks so much. Merry Christmas!:santa:

10. susane

susane Registered

That's Great!!!!

mea likes this.
  11. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

Wonderful to hear your news. Have a very merry Christmas and new year