Toronto | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Toronto

Discussion in 'Find a Lupus Doctor' started by oesa, Apr 24, 2013.

1. oesa

oesa Lisa_S

Hi all - haven't been on in ages, but I need some advice!

I've recently moved to North Bay Ontario. There isn't a rheumatologist in town, so I was referred to one just north of Toronto, who I won't name. I had my appointment yesterday, and it was horrible - I waited FIVE HOURS to see him, :mad: and by the time he came in I was so angry I could barely be civil. Quel surprise, but we didn't exactly hit it off. He relied entirely on the history his nurse had taken, asked no follow up questions, and sent me off with a prescription for plaquenil.

Apparently 4-5 hour waits are typical for him, I was asking around in the waiting room.

Sooo... I'm looking for suggestions for a rheumatologist in Toronto. It's a bit of a longer drive, but 2 hours of driving vs 5 hours in the waiting room is no contest as far as I'm concerned...

PM me if you have experiences good (or bad) with TO rheumies and can make a recommendation that I can take back to my family doc!

Thanks!

Lisa

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Lisa and welcome back.

I cant help you with your question. So I am bumping it up for you.
    :bump::bump:

PS Your dogie is so cute. Was your avatar a tiger dancing?

3. oesa

oesa Lisa_S

HI Keebler - thanks for the bump! Yes, I did have the Tigger gif for a while, but my dog Albus has taken over as my favourite animal...! He was just a wee puppy in that photo from last summer - probably about 4 pounds. He's a whopping 12 now...! I'll update again - he's grown into quite a mop...

Lisa

4. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Lisa,
    What kind is your dog? He is very adorable.
    I am sorry about your rhumey situation.
    Take care,
    Lyn

5. acquiesce

acquiesce Junior Member

Hi Oesa, I see a rheumy in Hamilton ON, but that would likely be too far for you. I don't personally know of one to recommend in TO but here is a site called ratemd's where patients go and rate their doc's. I linked the page with the best rated, just scroll down until you get to the rheumy's and click on each one to see what patients have to say.

http://www.ratemds.com/best-doctors/ON/Toronto#Rheumatologist

I know this is an older topic but you may unfortunately have to go through a few before you get the right one. Best of luck!