Upcoming Tests | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Tests

Discussion in 'Tests and Procedures' started by susane, May 18, 2019.

1. susane

susane Registered

Hi Everyone,
    I hope everyone is doing well or as well as you can be.

I went for my 6 month appointment with my Rheumatologist. The lab did a few blood tests, and the results were all ok except the nurse said one showed a lot of inflammation. I forgot to ask her what test showed that. What test do you think most likely showed that?

He also wants me to make an appointment with my Dermatologist, because of how bad the lupus is affecting the skin on my face. I have redness that gets scaly down each side of my nose, and across my forehead, and in places there severe deep like round circles that feel so fragile and then they finally peel.

I told him the difficulties I am having with my lower back, so he said that the only way to really know what is going on there is to have an MRI. I have never had one of those. What do they do?

Thanks everyone for anything you can share with me.

2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Susane,

The test showing the inflammation was most likely the ESR or Sedimentation Rate.

The MRI is pretty easy. All you will need to do is lay as still as possible. They will let you know what they are doing along the way. It can be pretty noisy but some people are able to fall asleep. I get so relaxed I need to sit on the table for a few minutes before getting up or I walk like I have been out drinking all night. Good luck with your test and your upcoming appointment.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

3. Robin Jackson

Robin Jackson Member

Hi Susane.
    Hopefully the dermatologist will do a biopsy on your facial lesions. They sound like Discoid lesions. Are you using sunscreen on your face?

4. susane

susane Registered

5. susane

susane Registered

Thank you, and that is what came to my mind.

6. susane

susane Registered

Yes they are shaped that way, and I hope he can help me.