Update on husband | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Update on husband

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dmarie, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarie

dmarie Registered

Hi all. My husband is in "at home" hospice care. So far I'm able to help him along with our children. The hospice doctor thinks he has a month to live.
    He can still get up and he is on a mix of pain meds that do give him some relief which is good.

I am doing ok. I wish I felt better. I am getting an iron infusion on Tuesday which usually makes me nauseated for a week but it needs to be done.

My husband and I have just been hanging out and talking and watching all our old DVDs.

dmarie

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hugs to you and your family.:grouphug:
    Praying that you don't get nauseated from your iron infusion.
    Good they have him on the right mix of pain meds.
    Take care,
    Lyn

dmarie likes this.
  3. debatat

debatat Moderator

Thinking of you all, it is good that he has the right mix of pain meds to help him. I wish you well with your iron infusion.

Take care.

dmarie likes this.
  4. Eileen T

Eileen T Registered

It's good that you and the children are able to spend this precious time with your husband, and that he is receiving good care from the hospice staff. I hope the iron infusion doesn't make you too sick, and gives you added strength to get through this very sad time for you all.

Eileen

dmarie likes this.
  5. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Just sending you lots of gentle hugs and wish that there was something magic I could send to make it all better. I'm so glad for you that you have this time to make happy memories that you will all need to get through. All the best with your infusion. Take lots of care :grouphug:

dmarie likes this.
  6. dmarie

dmarie Registered

Thanks all. You're the best. It is so good to have a place to just write out what's going on.

dmarie

Eileen T and keebler like this.
  7. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

hiya .....I wonder if they can give you anti emetics for after your infusion to help with any nausea? You may very well have tried that before, but just a thought

I send my love and my thoughts to you all dmarie at such an incredibly tough time....keep as strong as you can, but be kind to yourself too, spend those precious moments in your family cocoon.. I too am glad he can be nursed with you all at home. Take care lovely lady xxx

dmarie and Eileen T like this.
  8. dmarie

dmarie Registered

Thanks Claire, I will ask about something for nausea.

dmarie

x_claire_x likes this.
  9. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

:grouphug: to you and your family. Don't be shy about asking for referrals for in home help if the care becomes to much for you. It is more important for you to be able to share the little time you have left together.

Sending you strength,
    Lazylegs

x_claire_x and dmarie like this.
  10. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

Oh Denise, I just saw your posts. What a terrible illness your husband has. It's one that hits hard for not only him, but friends and family. I'm sending out many hugs and prayers to you and your family. Take one day at a time and don't forget to take care of you.
    Joe

dmarie and x_claire_x like this.
  11. catcove

catcove Junior Member

Dear dmarie,

Peace to you and your husband during this special time. I pray that you are both as comfortable as you can be.

catcove

dmarie likes this.
  12. mea

mea mea

:grouphug: So sorry to hear this,thinking of you.

dmarie likes this.
  13. dmarie

dmarie Registered

Thank you dear people for your kind responses. They are very comforting.

My husband passed away yesterday, Jan. 6, 2016.
    Our children and I were at his side. He was able to be at home during his last days because of the help from our children and the absolutely incredible Hospice nurses and staff.

dmarie

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
  14. Eileen T

Eileen T Registered

I am so, so sorry that your husband has passed away. Thank God that he was at home and you and your children were able to be by his side. Bless you all - my thoughts are with you.

Eileen

dmarie likes this.
  15. Lupusdude

Lupusdude Registered

So sorry to hear of his passing. Hugs and prayers

dmarie likes this.
  16. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hugs and prayers. Please accept my sympathy to you and your family.
    All the special memories you made will always be in your hearts.
    Try to take some time to rest when you can.

I corrected the year for you and deleted the post saying about your mistake.

dmarie likes this.
  17. dmarie

dmarie Registered

Thanks Keebler.

I corrected the year for you and deleted the post saying about your mistake.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks

18. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

dmarie......so sad to hear your news this morning, but relieved that your husband managed to stay within your family's caring circle whilst finishing his time here, that must have been such a huge comfort to him. Now take your time and take care of yourselves...... it is like wading through treacle so just take it one small step at a time...thinking of you xx

dmarie likes this.
  19. debatat

debatat Moderator

I am so sorry to hear about your husband passing away, it must be a comfort that you were able to have him at home with your family. Take one day at a time now as it won't be easy, you have had a huge shock.

Take care x

dmarie likes this.
  20. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

My condolences to you and your family, dmarie. Take comfort over time that you and your loving family were able to be with him as he passed. I will be continuing to think of you all and hope that you can support each other and take lots of care.:grouphug:

dmarie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.