Update on my son born with Neonatal Lupus and complete heart block | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Update on my son born with Neonatal Lupus and complete heart block

Discussion in 'Living with lupus' started by gingertoni, Nov 17, 2011.

1. gingertoni

gingertoni Registered

Hi My son has had a new pacemaker fitted and all went well:), it is his third since he was born, he is 8 in 2 weeks time :) The first when he was less than a week and the second at 4 months.

As his condition is so rare I wanted to share a positive that he is doing so well, everyone forgets he has it most of the time 8)

Thanks for listening. :)

2. ElephantEyes

ElephantEyes Registered

Hi Toni - that's great news! Thanks for the update :)

3. michelledub

michelledub Registered

WOW
    That' great.
    Hope his Mum is doing as well as her little boy

michelle

4. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Toni,

That is great news. :)
    Thank you for letting us know how he is going.
    You give others hope.
    Love,
    Lyn

5. Southshoremom

Southshoremom Registered

Hi Toni. My daughter who is 13 was born with complete heart block. Hank you for sharing the good news. What beautiful children you have! Your son is so cute! My daughter has had four surgeries. Her last one being the most successful but also the most nerve wracking!!!! She plays basketball soccer softball and cheerleads! I think what she has been through makes her who she is today - one strong beautiful girl! Please private message me. I would love to share stories. In always felt and still feel guilty because my antibodies caused her condition. When she was recovering during this last surgery I thought she was asleep and untold her I was so sorry. She opened her eyes and squeezed my hand. She told me please Mom,,,, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. Thank "you" Mom!!! From the mouths of babes. Right!!

6. pennylp

pennylp Registered

Hi Toni,

That is great news... You must be very strong and it must be very hard for you... my prayers will be with your family....

Love Penny

7. macfamily53

macfamily53 Registered

Hi Toni

I am so happy for you and your son.Thats got be make you feel a little less stressed for sure. I hope and pray it continues for him.Please keep us posted on how he is doing?

Tammy

8. gingertoni

gingertoni Registered

He is doing really well now, everything back to 'normal' and hopefully wont have to think about the next pacemaker now for another 8 years :)

9. dmarie

dmarie Registered

Wow! Thanks for the update.

Take care.

dmarie

10. countrylass

countrylass Registered

Thats great news Gingertoni........
    saw programme today featured a mom who had lupus giving birth.and what checks they do...lovely see your child doing well.......

lv
    countrylass