Vascular Congestion and interstitial edema | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Vascular Congestion and interstitial edema

Discussion in 'Symptoms' started by sheilakdavis, Apr 11, 2020.

1. sheilakdavis

sheilakdavis sheila

Not sure if this is in correct column. I had to go to urgent care for a chest X-ray to rule out pneumonia because I had chest congestion. The doctor called me back and said X-ray was showing vascular congestion and interstitial edema. Has anyone else had this before? I have had lupus 29 years shortens 25 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Sheila,

Sorry I can't help on this one. Is the doctor going to do any further testing?

Take care,
    Lazylegs

3. sheilakdavis

sheilakdavis sheila

I see my primary doctor tomorrow. It will be a video chat as they are not seeing patients in the office.

4. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Good luck tomorrow.

5. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

I haven't had this either but hopefully someone will come along who can share their experience with you. How did your appointment go?

6. sheilakdavis

sheilakdavis sheila

Getting a referral to a cardiologist. Fluid in my lungs . Have shortness of breath which the doctor said could be a heart problem.

7. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

That sounds very unpleasant. It's good that you've got a referral though, hopefully the wait won't be too long.

8. Lori ODonnell

Lori ODonnell New Member

Hello. I recently went to the ER, as the VA isn't seeing anyone, March 25th. I had shortness of breath worse than normal. But went in for extreme indigestion. They did a CT scan with dye and found 2 blood clots in my lungs and calf pain showed one in my calf. I have intertestital lung disease from Lupus. 10 yrs now. Our symptoms show as pneumonia looking due to swollen lymph nod red s in the lungs. Often mistaken for pneumonia. The edema or fluid build up is what causes the shortness of breath. My alveoli sacs dont like each other and therefore wont exchange O2. I need a lung transplant. They have had me on plaquenil, prednisone, and cellcept. Now xarelto. My lungs look like covid19....broken glass. Sucks. The dr. Are using some different vocab for you but I have the intertestital part. They did a lung biopsy to confirm. I also had the 3 blood clotting tests recently as these are the second instance of clots in 4 years. Just some info.

9. sheilakdavis

sheilakdavis sheila

Thanks for information. Have a tele visit set up for this Friday. They don’t want me to come to the office because of COVID 19. Hopefully I will get some news then.

10. sheilakdavis

sheilakdavis sheila

Having to have blood work,ultrasound of heart, stress test. Waiting to have those set up.

11. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

It's good to hear that a plan has been made for you. Try to take it as easy as you can.