Weight loss after birth and lupus | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Weight loss after birth and lupus

Discussion in 'Living with lupus' started by Bella86, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Bella86

Bella86 Registered

Hi

I was wondering if there are any mummies out there who have done some sort of exercise regime
    After they have given birth. I know that following birth patients with lupus need to take extreme good care. I was wondering if exercises was ok and how often or if anyone had tried it and was fine?

2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

You should check with your doctor before beginning any exercise after giving birth. The first few weeks I wasn't allowed to do any exercise at all. Once I had my follow up appointment I was given the okay to walk and do some easy core work. Anything more strenuous was out of the question for a couple of months.

The above being said I didn't end up doing much exercise at all. I was so tired from not getting enough sleep and trying to keep everything perfect there was just nothing left energy wise. The pounds shed on there own.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

3. Maia

Maia Registered

Similar experience here except the weight just flew off me after birth. I was below pre-pregnancy weight within a month or so (breastfeeding maybe helps?) I did not do any specific exercises either for a few months, but I did some walking around the mall while pushing the stroller or carrying her in my Bjorn sling ;) Just holding them and walking around and patting her to get her to go to sleep was enough exercise for me at first, then I went back to my regular life which included some exercise just getting things done around the house and barn at that time in my life.

Exercises should be fine to do - after doctor OKs it usually 3-4 weeks after birth and of course it will also depend on if it was vaginal or c-section and if there were any complications.

Good luck and congrats on your baby! Enjoy this time - it is precious and goes so fast.

4. mooks

mooks Registered

My baby is 4 months old and I still havent done any exercise!! I find it hard enough to walk to the shops pushing her in the buggy..major lupus flare but trying to hang on as long as poss before having rituximab, cos although drs say i can continue breastfeeding on it i really dont wanna put Ember at risk! Anyway if you have the energy I would def recommend exercising after your 6 week check. Although beware that your tendons and ligaments are still full of elastin for about 6 months after birth so you could injure yourself more easily xxxx

5. DoulaMom

DoulaMom Registered

Take it easy, but some light exercises like Yoga, Tai Chi or walking have been good for me (when I feel up to it!). I'm still sitting at pre-second-baby-pregnancy weight, but it is now slowly coming off, and the second is now 18 months!