Weird Symptoms?? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird Symptoms??

Discussion in 'Symptoms' started by kate.smith, Oct 15, 2015.

1. kate.smith

kate.smith New Member

Hi all,

I was just diagnosed with lupus in September and I am having a strange new symptom I've never had before and was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this. My upper lip has been burning for about 3 weeks now. Some days its really bad and others I will experience only a slight burning sensation. I am off plaquenil due to bad side effects. (extreme fatigue, join pain still present, sick stomach) So I am not taking anything as of now although I have never taken anything for my lupus other than the plaquenil. Just for the record, I have not waxed my lip in over a month, just keep up with twizzers when needed, no intense grooming going on.

Please let me know if you or anyone you know has experience this and what it means or how to make the burning sensation go away.

Thank you

Kate.

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Kate,

One time I had what I thought was a cold sore, then I thought it was impetigo. It turned out it was lupus
    making it sore and icky looking.
    Can you take some pictures of it? It sounds miserable. That is a tender spot.
    Have you been outside? Is there anything that you have done that you can think of? Like being out in the sun etc.
    Im sorry Im not much help.
    Take care,
    Lyn

3. kate.smith

kate.smith New Member

Well that is the weird thing, my upper lip looks completely normal! But the skin feels like it is burning everyday. I go outside on a regular basis (I am in college and walk around campus daily) But living in Michigan there isn't a ton of sun exposure. The only thing I can think of is maybe my inflammation levels went up? But I had my blood testing in September and my doctor wasn't worried with my levels, can they change that fast??

Thank you Keebler for posting! Any type of post is helpful in my book :)

4. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hello and welcome to the site Kate.

It could be a nerve thing. I've had my lips go numb due to neuropathy so I would assume the opposite could happen also. Mention it to your doctor next time.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

5. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

Hi kare.
    Like lazylegs says, it could be a nerve thing. Although you might not think it but you can have very nasty pins & needles and it can hit you anywhere. When I get it it feels as if it is burning or can itch and its not nice.
    Keep a note of it and maybe other places that you haven't really noticed as such, then mention to your GP then they maybe able to give you something to help you.
    Take care
    Wolf1