what do i have to do? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

what do i have to do?

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by sushi, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sushi

sushi Registered

how do you prove that u cant work because of extreme fatigue and joint pain? i have been battleing to get diasability for the past 3 years and i dont know what else to do... my next step is a hearing.. any advise would be appreciated......

thank you

2. Monica3

Monica3 Registered

Hi Sushi--

I have no idea what this process is like, but I imagine that your work history plays a major role here. Are there records at work showing extensive sick leave that you can match up with doctor appt notes?
    Other than that, I am not sure what to suggest.

Have you considered hiring an attorney at any point? It may be worth it since you have been waiting so long already. I understand that persistence often pays off though.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Monica

3. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Sushi,

I haven't been through a hearing either but others on the site have. Hopefully one of them will come along soon and give you some worthwhile tips. What I can say is don't give up. Others here were successful once they finally saw the judge.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

4. lablover

lablover Registered

Hi Sushi,

I am currently waiting for a hearing date. After my initial denial I contacted an attorney that specialized in disability. We reapplied and were denied at which point we requested a trial date.

My attorney handles everything. They have gathered all my medical records since I last applied and make sure ssa gets them. They may have me get a functional capacity test. I hope not as the one I did 1-1/2 years ago darned near killed me! Lol! They ask me about EVERY aspect of my life to see how it is possibly affected by my illnesses. Stuff I never really thought about. Like having trouble letting dogs in and out and getting out of cars sometimes. All that stuff counts they say!

I hope you are getting help with yours. Keep me informed as to how yours is going.

take care,
    wendy