Which Window Film ? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Window Film ?

Discussion in 'Living with lupus' started by Blewyn, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Blewyn

Blewyn New Member

Hi folks !

What is the best recommended window film for blocking UV ? I’d like as little light reduction as possible but blocking all UV. I need to block my house windows and car windows. My wife has discoid lupus.

Thanks !

Lupusdude likes this.
  2. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Hi Blewyn,
    I had my car windows tinted at a local garage which isn't helpful to you living so far away from here. However, I was advised that the darkness is more for aesthetics and all of the tints had the same level of UV filter so you may be able to source one that doesn't make the car really dark. I have heard that Dermaguard is a good make but again I'm sorry that I don't know if you will have this available in your part of the world.
    Sorry I can't be more help, hopefully someone else will be along soon with more helpful information.

Welcome to the forum anyway!
    Best wishes,
    Jess.

Lupusdude likes this.
  3. Robin Jackson

Robin Jackson Member

It also depends where you live. In the US, states have varying levels of allowable tint levels.

Lupusdude likes this.
  4. GinaS

GinaS New Member

I recently had the 3m Ceramic series window film installed on my car. It is barely noticeable. The legal limit for front windows in my state is 70% visibility and we purchased the 80%. I am very happy with the purchase. I am able to drive to and from work without feeling ill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lupusdude likes this.