woohoo! They said yes! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

woohoo! They said yes!

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Shadow girl, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Shadow girl

Shadow girl Registered

It took me seven weeks to complete my DLA claim form, and they got extra reports from my GP and psychiatrist, and today I've discovered a mystery payment in our bank account which I calculate is the exact amount for 8 weeks DLA at middle rate care and lower rate mobility. This is so amazing and such a relief. Yesterday we couldn't put fuel in the car because we had no money even though we incresed our overdraft so we could get groceries earlier in the week. Its going to make a huge difference to my well being.

I can't begin to describe how relieved I am. :)

Just waiting for the postie now, who should bring me a letter confirming that's what the payment is.

2. TracyJN

TracyJN Registered

That's brilliant news, really pleased for you. x

3. daisy246

daisy246 Registered

That's fabulous, well done! It'll be a great weight off your mind. :)

4. You gotta love Found Money $$$$! Excellent news :trampo::
    :excited:
    :yahoo:

5. Monica3

Monica3 Registered

So glad that that pressure is off you! Fantastic news!

6. Em1

Em1 Registered

Well done! Good news...

7. keebler

keebler Moderator

Congratulations! :yahoo:

I am so happy for you and your family. :)
    One less stress factor for you.
    Love,
    Lyn

8. debatat

debatat Moderator

:congrats:

9. KarolH

KarolH Registered

So Happy for you and what a weight lifted off your shoulders.
    CONGRATULATIONS!

10. Trindy

Trindy Registered

I'm so pleased for you.

Congratulations

Trindy xxx

11. Shadow girl

Shadow girl Registered

Thanks everyone. I got the official letter today so i know its definately for real.

I saw my CPN today too and he told me in the report he sent he explained that although with treatment I should improve, mange things better, my condition is with me for life, so that is probably why they made me an indefinate award. This also mans can get a bus pass to travel anywhere in Scotland. That is amazing because last summer during the school holidays because my hubby had some paid work I was trapped at home with my daughter in the village because he needed the car and the bus fares were too expensive (£5.00 each way to the nearest town). This summer we'll be able to go wherever we like. I can't believe that something has gone well for me - I'm just waiting for the bad thing to happen and rob the relief I am feeling.

12. keebler

keebler Moderator

Everything is looking up for you. :)
    Congratulations once again.
    Love,
    Lyn

13. elle-co

elle-co Registered

:excited:Fantastic news

Elle x

14. marciachris

marciachris Registered

I am really happy for you and your family :)
    All the best!

15. Shadow girl

Shadow girl Registered

Well my prophecy of doom was accurate. Yesterday my hubby had an e mail from his most reliable contract saying that due to the current financial climate they can't use his services till futher notice. How much a month will we lose? Almost exactly the same as we gained from my DLA! Back to square one. Our monthly incomings are not enough to cover the outgoings. Why does something always happen to take away the good of good things that happen to me? I will have to find more paid work even though I'm not well enough to do anymore than I am already or we'll end up homeless again and I can't face that. I'm so peed off with this life.

16. ElephantEyes

ElephantEyes Registered

Oh Shadow, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband losing a contract. :hug: There are times it feels like everything is piled on top of us and it seems relentless, particularly after you were so pleased with getting the DLA.

Do let us know how you are getting on - I know the only thing that keeps me sane a lot of the time is knowing that I can come on here and let out all my worries.

I hope this helps somewhat - take care

Nellie