The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I will have been taking Plaquenil for 1 year. I take 200 mg a day to help my "mild" lupus. The thing is I'm not sure if I actually feel any better on it then I did a year ago.

I'm still exhausted, yesterday we took the day off as it was our anniversary and went to the British Museum, but by the time I'd walked there from the station (about a mile) I could have laid on the floor in the middle of the place and had a sleep! I took my portable stool with me and had several sit downs (not much fun for my dear boyfriend!) but I couldn't even last 2 hours there I was so tired. As soon as I got home I went to bed! :mad:

It also doesn't help my joint pain. My knees still really hurt and are still inflammed. I've had a few steroid injections to kill the inflammation but these only seem to last a couple of weeks.

I'm seeing the rheumy in 3 weeks time so what should I be saying? Should I ask him to increase my dosage or should I ask to try something else?

We're getting married next year and I want to be able to stay awake on my wedding day! What if I try something new and it doesn't work and I'm struggling to stay awake?! I'm not asking to run marathons I just want to have enough energy to get through the day!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your responses.

Sadie, I have to confess I'm not the best at putting sunblock on in the winter, I must try harder and I don't sleep that well - have been having some aromatherapy to help this which works for the one day of the treatment!

Katherine - we're getting married quite early as we have a long drive from the Church to the reception venue - I guess I could have a little sleep in the car on the way there! ;) and I can't remember the last time I wore a pair of heels but I can't quite bring myself to throw all my shoes away!

Maia, I weigh pretty much 135 pounds - am just shy of 10 stone.

Clare, funnily enough on Monday morning before I went out I went for my blood test prior to my appointment and he's doing 10 tests including all of those things. I always go into my appointments with a list of questions and I do always feel he's quite abrupt and doesn't always have time or the inclination to answer my questions. I guess I just need to be more forceful!

Thanks again xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.