The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my immune system sucks bad, this is my second sinus infection or head cold in a month in a half. the dr. has given me zyrtec and all it did was make my nose bleed, then I tried clarinex , because she was trying to dry it up fast, which took about 10 days, then soon as I was feeling better my back goes out which was sciatic nerve it lasted about 2 weeks. now free of sickness and pain for 3 weeks now another head cold. trying not to sneeze to hard scared my back may go out again. (lol) this is the month I was diagnosed with lupus one year ago.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there and ((((((((hugs)))))))

Sorry you're having such a bad time for the moment.

It's been a year and I'm wondering how your treatment plan is going? Have your meds made a difference? Are they still being adjusted?

I'm just asking because a year in may seem like a long time but med-wise can be comparatively short - meaning it can get better.

Of course, your back problems are quite likely completely independent of lupus (?) but I'm just wondering how you're doing generally and if it might not be an idea to talk to your doc about this. Sometimes we just kind of accept things as "fate" and don't want to complain but sometimes they can be changed.

hugs :hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are right

I just figured it was something was going to have to through. dr. also said that the cold probably settle in my back, I did go to see a back dr. and all they did was make it worse trying to crack my back in half, (lol) so I stop going to them. the clarinex is working but slowly, thank for responding.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swollen ankle

Something new, never had this before, swollen ankle, have no high blood pressure,, never have. dont ido anything salty or high in sodium. there is no pain just swollen, happen to be looking down at my foot and notice it was swollen, i've been using the restroom with no problem. whats going on?:(

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi shorty,

Sorry about your foot :( I'm not sure what to say about it, except that you can try elevating it, that should help with the swelling, have a pillow under your leg when sleeping and when/if you get a chance during the day.

If it doesn't improve or gets worse in the next couple of days then I would definitely see a doctor about it.

I have had similar but it was both feet and like you no pain involved. It did subside over a week and I get it now and then. If you press it does it leave a dent that takes a while to go?

Strange that it's one foot, do you think you might have injured it in some way and your existing pain killers are masking the pain?

love
Lily

1 - 6 of 6 Posts