TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I have been diagnosed with SLE about 12 months and spent a good 11 months being in denial. I have had several flares or one continuous one and even with all the medication i'm not feeling any better if anything i'm worse now than i was before. I am a mother of a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I used to childmind but had to give up earlier this year as it got too much. I spend 2-3 days a week in bed and am getting more and more depressed and pissed off with my life. sorry for moaning i suppose everybody has felt like this at some point

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
(((Hugs))) Many of us have felt that way, but most of us will feel better at some point. Sounds like it's been a rough year for you, what medications have you tried so far and for how long? There are a variety out there and it can take a long time to find the right ones for you.

I would encourage you to try to get out a little bit and do something that is fun/enjoyable for you. Even little things can help our mood and outlook a lot. I also recommend some exercise even a little walk every day if at all possible. I have found that walking every day overall tends to make me feel better and does not make me any worse when I am feeling bad. There are days I can't/won't go out and walk, but most days I make it out.

If you are feeling depressed in addition to the daily pain and frustrations of living with lupus, I'd also encourage you to pursue treatment for that. Good luck to you and I really hope you can find the right combination of things that get you feeling better soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts