The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My psychiatrist recently upped my cymbalta from 60 mg to 120 mg because of some breakthrough depression issues with the side effect of cymbalta being useful in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

The added dose has been very helpful with the Fibro and took care of the sadness too. This has been wonderful for about 3 months, but now...I can barely drag myself out of bed! :yawn: And I'm talking about debilitating fatigue where I sleep from 11pm until 3pm every day!

My rheumatologist wants me to discuss this with the psych because she says the increased dose (120 mg or 60mg x 2) can typically cause this type of fatigue to occur. I called the psych and she is out of the office for two weeks. Great.

Just venting and also looking to see if any of you have had the same problem with your cymbalta? Also, it occurred to me that perhaps I should be taking the two 60mg capsules at different times in the day instead of both at the same time. I looked online and haven't found any satisfactory answers on that issue.

Any insight you would care to share? I appreciate it and hope this finds you all looking forward to your weekend! :)

Be well, Pollyanna

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi, I am sorry I don't take cymbalta, but I wondered could you not ask the pharmacist about the dose till your phych comes back. The pharmacist might know if you can split the dose. Hope you manage to get this resolved.

Deb

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thank you Deb - that's a very good idea. What a statement as to my state of mind these days that I didn't even think of that! :sad:

I'm headed there now.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

I take cymbalta....what a miracle that has been for my state of mind. take 60 mg. Perhaps, rather than gong back down do 60mg until the psyc gets back, maybe try 60 every other day then the 120 on the opposite days. It's neber good to self adjust doses...but you cannot live like a zombie either.

If there s no back-up for the Dr, don't know what else to suggest.

Stephanie

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I never made it to the pharmacy - too tired! Go figure. But I love your idea Stephanie. It actually makes better sense than just halving my dose. But I won't make any changes until I can talk to someone.

Thanks so much my friends!! :)

·
Yard Sale Diva
186 Posts
that's weird, I have been on that dose of cymbalta for a long time and no one has ever said my horrible fatigue could be related to that. But if I don't take it or take less, a fibro flare sets in. I will have to talk to my psychiatrist as well. hmmmm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts