The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!!! :) Since November Ive been living with Lupus. For awhile I would come to sites like this, read other peoples messages and cry. I now have enough courage to try to share my experience with other people.I guess I was in somewhat of denial, I just couldnt believe this was happening to me, Superwomen.Now I have come to realize that I am Mortal.I started having bad arthritis attacks in September, I also had a severe weight and hair loss at that time. I was under alot of stress with work, the kids, a unsupportive boyfriend, and trying to enroll in Nursing School.I thought I could handle it all but my body was telling me that somehing wasnt right. One day I thought I was having heartburn, that by the end of the day felt like a heart attack, what ended up to be pericarditis.I was hospitalized for 6 days and my doc and rheumatologist came up with the dx. I was having pluerisy and my whole body had seemed to be swelling.Thank God, I havent had that bad of a flare up since then. I just dont fully know how to deal with all of this. I am depressed at times and suffer from othr mood swings all the rest of the time.Would someone please give me some encouraging advice and or some stress management tips.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi and :welcome:

I'm so glad that you decided to join us. You will have seen that this is such a supportive place with a wealth of information and we're all pretty friendly too. :) It sounds like you've had a really rough time and 3 children must be time consuming for you.

I can sympathise with you, it is so hard to accept a diagnosis but in a way it's a relief to know what's wrong. Now you can move forward - hopefully with the help of the boards - and learn how to cope day to day with having lupus. It will take time but believe me.....you WILL get there.

Do you see a rheumatologist regularly? Are you on any medication at the moment?

Stress management is a difficult one as we all deal with things differently. I personally like to run a bath, light some candles and read a good book or just listen to some soothing music. I also like to spend time with my dog and just getting out in the fresh air clears the cobwebs and takes my mind off things.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello and welcome!! Sorry, I didn't see your post before, but better late than never :)

It is difficult to come to terms with this disease and some of the things it brings. I'm lucky to be pretty upbeat most of the time but recently realised that I was getting very good at denial too. I have been having a few problems recently and they do tend to bring you back down to earth with a rather uncomfy bang at times.

Anyway, thankfully we have the support of all the wonderful people here on the site. It's great that you have decided to join us!

Bye for now,
Katharine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts