TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k,

I have high levels of antiphospholipid and antibodies. Miscarried one month ago 2 weeks pregnant.

Then dr started me on loventhol (blood thinner, not sure about spelling)

Now I just miscarried again!

questions.

1) is this due to antiphopholipid antibodies, cause its so early, its hard to tell right.

2) With this happening two times in a row, what hope do I have

3) is this common with mild lupus and the antibodies

4) finally, please give me some hope? Tell me I have reason to try again.
Totally depressed and exhausted here:(

Thanks,

Savita

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Savita,

I'm very sorry to hear this sad news:(.

This pretty much clinches your diagnosis of APS. SO, you do need to be anti-coagulated for future pregnancies.

BUT there is still hope. There is every chance that you will have a live birth in the future.

Did you try again immediately after the first miscarriage? It is probably a good idea to wait this time one cycle at least before you try again. Sometimes so soon after a miscarriage the endometruim is still too thin to support a new pregnancy. Also you need some time to heal psychologically.

Still, that you have managed to concieve so quickly is good news for your fertility:blush:

How far along were you this time? How many days were there between the beginning of miscarriage one and miscarriage two?

Take some time to recover. There is good reason to belive it will be OK in the end and you will one day have a live healthy baby.

Hugs, Cath

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Savita, This is very sad for you. I have had miscarriages too, but also managed to have 2 children. I know you don't feel hopeful right now but you should, assuming you have good medical care things are so much brighter than when I had my children. Is your Hubby supporting you-it can be hard for them too.
Let us know what we can do to help you feel a little better.
x Lola

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Savita,

I am sorry about your miscarriages but it pretty much seals the deal with a diagnosis of APS. You CAN have a successful pregnancy but I would get with a good high risk OBGYN doctor who is very knowledgeable about APS and pregnancy.

I also have APS but there is treatment that you can get in order to move towards a full term pregnancy.

Finding the right doctor is key here. Good luck moving forward and let us know how you make out.:wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts