The Lupus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 16 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Hi - I was first diagnosed with Lupus in 2001, and had my first flare-up in November last year. I had my first cyclo in January this year and I had my last one on June 13th. I had 8 in total. They're not pleasant, but they did the trick for me, which I'll forever be grateful for. I was worried about my hair too, and yes I have lost some, and yes it is thinner than it was before, but I don't have any bald patches and to most people, my hair simply look in not as good a condition as it was before, but nothing too drastic! I am actually going to have it cut into a bob next week (I haven't been to the hairdresser's since I fell ill, so it'll be nice to be pampered now)
As for the cyclo, I felt nauseous and extremely tired for 2 to 3 days after each treatment. I have to admit that the more treatments I had, the worst the nausea and tiredness were, but as I said, I am not going to complain as it has helped get my life back.
I am now back on Cellcept, but I seem to be suffering from stomach aches, diarrhea, etc...Unsure whether I have picked up a bug or whether those are side-effects...(I was on Cell cept for many years prior to my relapse, and never had any problems...) Seeing my renal doc tomorrow, so will discuss then.

1 - 1 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.