The Lupus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 16 Posts

· Registered
718 Posts
I always shed hair in the third week after each treatment - wake up with a pillow covered with hair etc.

But that week is the only time I loose. I don't end up bald, but after a few months my scalp is clearly visible from above (when I am sitting down).

I am having half dose cyclophosphamide with my rituxan - one last week, another one next week. The rituxan doesn't make me nauseous, but even with ondansetron (zofran) I tend to puke for three days. I hate the stuff. Even the little half doses make me ill - actually it is 1/3 of my usual dose - 500mg as compared with 1500mg.

horrible stuff.

You can double dose with another antinausea agent - I usually take something like metaclopramide as well.

Cyclo is the pits

cheers

raglet

· Registered
718 Posts
Hi Eric

apparantly cellcept has proven so successful in treating kidney problems that doctors are using a lot instead of cyclo/cytoxan and it's basically doing the same job.

The good thing about cellcept is that you can stay on it longer term. So, many people are escaping the horrors of cyclo.

cheers

rag;et

· Registered
718 Posts
I always loved my holidays from cytoxan when my wbc's fell too low. Good luck with the next treatment

cheers

raglet

1 - 3 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.