The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am one of the younger ones on board here, 15 years old and its summer time! because its summer time i may not be taking it as easy as i should. i havent felt good in over 2 weeks. :( ! SOMETIMES i can get away with just going and going and not paying attention to my symptoms but when i do that i always end up having to stop abruptly and regain my strength. sometimes i even collapse when my body just cant take it anymore :sad: . As of this moment my knees are swollen, Im always exhausted, my vision sometimes goes fuzzy, im nauseous and seem to have had a fever, going up and down and all around, for over 2 weeks :eek:! i also have trouble sleeping because everything aches. i hope this ends soon because im going mad having to slow down my summer! sounds kind of selfish in a way (i think) but i was really looking forward to this summer and now im having to put it on hold. oh well, hopefully this will end soon! :) thank you all for listening to me rant. best wishes to all :hehe:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes I remember those days of teenage hood very well. I also was suffering with this illness when I was young. I did over do many many times and I look back and say I am so lucky that I didn't do serious damage to my health. Just take it day by day and see how everything feels. As we all know with this illness we are the best judges on what our bodies can handle.

You should try and rest though about every third day or so, because you will put yourself in the hospital if you don't. We all know how fun and exciting those are..lol lol
Plus you don't want to worry your parents or friends, that wont be fair or kind to them.

I hope that you do have a fun and adventurous summer and that you health stays on the good side of the scale. Remember this isn't your last summer..you have great years ahead of you..

·
Registered
184 Posts
I can't imagine having this as a teen, maybe try taking a nice long warm bath and soaking to sooth your aching body it may help even for just a little while and it will also help you relax to help you get some sleep. I will keep you and everyone on this board in my prayers, feel well soon!!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Bless i know its not nice, and with summer here, it makes it worse somehow, lets hope it ends soon for you,

wishing you well Lin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:foryou:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello, My Daughter 17, has just the same problems. Sometimes say about twice or three times a week she just sleeps all night and all day to catch up.
Don't forget your sun protection!
X Lola

·
Mildly stricken; blue
100 Posts
Summertime...

Sorry you're feeling bad!

Is there any fun, regular activity you can schedule in for yourself, something that's only a few hours long? Like maybe a class doing something creative or artistic? That might help to get you on a schedule, and will also be something that's time-limited, so you won't burn yourself out by going all day. You'd also meet new people, which is really the part that's the most fun, right?

I don't know when my lupus started - I used to spend my summers in high school very fatigued, but back then I thought it was depression, and didn't have any other lupus symptoms. I still think back to those summers where I'd spend most of the day in bed. The thing that helped me the most was doing summer musicals. It gave me something to focus on. I felt productive and was fulfilled creatively and learning new things, and I met a whole new group of people. It also took my mind off of feeling icky, and gave me a sense of normalcy, since people couldn't see how bad I felt. With no school, there was lots of down-time to rest and recoup.

Even though I was tired when I was at rehearsals, it was better than being tired in my house. But, I'm one to talk now, since I don't really get out much to do anything these days! Maybe I had better sign myself up for a class.

Anyway - hope you feel better, and find a way to make your summer memorable, because you deserve it! Maybe even an online class? Writing/reading group? A few hours a week volunteering at a museum or zoo? Museums are nice and dark...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts