The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give everyone an update especially since I never catch anyone in the chat room anymore. Had my check up today and the dr. said he thinks I will be induced around week 36/37. He said people with lupus are more prone to complications towards the end and wants to ensure I deliver a happy healthy baby. Sooo this means I have more to do sooner because he may be here very soon!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Babieblues

I am so glad you let us know what is going on with you and baby and sure hope everything goes great on the big day.It sounds like you have a good doctor which is very important for sure.Take care of yourself until then. I sure hope you are feeling okay these days.

Tammy

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That is certainly coming up. How exciting!

At 36 weeks - you may need to test for baby's readiness to breath on their own if an induction is scheduled that early (requires amnio). That's what doctors do around here, even at 37 weeks because each baby develops individually and while 37 weeks is considered full term (if nature were to take it's course & baby initiated delivery) it might be a full month early for another baby. This is especially true for 1st babies - average gestation length for first time mothers is right at 41 weeks. Just something you may want to ask your doctor about...

My doctors allowed me to wait until 39-40 weeks before they suggested an induction, so quite different than what you are experiencing. Perhaps it was because I had such a problem free pregnancy though - except for one minor flare in weeks 33-36 or so.

·
cinderashes
106 Posts
Hi babieblues,

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK with the induction at 36/37 weeks, I am being induced this weekend when I will be 2 days off being 38 weeks for the same reasons as you. I will probably not be around in chat/to post for a while so just wanted to wish you all the best.

It's been nice getting to know you over the last few months and to have someone else on the boards about the same stage as me. Looking forward to swapping mum stories with you over the next few months/years! :lol:

Take care
Ash x

·
Registered
612 Posts
Jen,

I am so glad that you are having a sucessful pregnancy so far. I know that you are exicted to soon have a baby boy. Congrats and keep us posted on how you are doing. Maybe I will see you in chat soon.

JEN

·
Registered
300 Posts
Best wishes to you for a healthy delivery!

I was induced on my exact due date first time around. Everything turned out great, as Im sure will be the same for you.

Good luck on the wonderful, exciting adventure of mommyhood! :)

Sharon

·
Registered
202 Posts
How exciting :)
Wishing you all the best with your upcoming delivery...a happy, healthy baby is the goal afterall.
Congratulations!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts