The Lupus Forum banner

34 weeks update

1K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  mumof3 
#1 ·
Hi all, Hope you're all well!

I was asked to update and let you know how far my belly button is sticking out... well it isn't much! But my boobs.... OMG :eek: :lol:

I'm 34 weeks and so far things are still going ok. Getting problems with heartburn and aches/cramps and the hormones are affecting my poor husband more than me but we all doing ok.

Had a growth scan today, she seems to have put a lot on over the last few weeks so another scan in 2 weeks, they said if she keeps growing at the current rate she needs to be induced at 38 weeks. :eek: This was a real shock but they reassured me its nothing to do with my diabetes control or anything Ive done "sometimes it just happens". They were also keen to tell me there is no risk or danger to either me or baby which is the most important thing, I was upset though but feel a bit better now i've talked to my mum and husband and had a little cry.

The nursery is *nearly* ready - of course there's always something - and I havent packed my bag but it looks like I should really get on with that!

I can't quite believe I have managed to stay okay this far long and those squirms and kicks mean there's actually another person in me who, if she were to come out now, could actually survive and go on to be independent of me. I'm very blessed and lucky and need to be reminded of that every time I chuck a tantrum about garden needing tidying or the tiny flappity bit in the back fence needing nailing together!

The best bit has been the dreams... so much for analysis there, including the one where I gave birth to my husband - all 5'11", long hair and lanky limbs of him! :rotfl:

Thanks for all your messages of support - especially Alwin - hope to catch you in chat sometime, seems like we have some catching up to do!

Wishing you all the very best and hope you have as much luck and joy as I have had with this pregnancy. Hopefully I'll post again before she gets here - unless she makes a very early appearance! And of course you'll get a pic of her little face!
Love
Ash x

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Ash,

I enjoyed your post very much! Your happiness is overflowing and it is a joy to know all is going so well, with you and your family.

A daughter for you! What a blessing, beyond measure..I am thrilled for you!

Continue your good health, and do please send pic of your beautiful baby girl.

Blessings To You,

Sandy

#4 ·
I enjoyed reading your happy joy. I am so glad that things are going well . I am looking forward to the day that beautiful joy of yours is here and that you will share her photo with us. god bless you and family.

I love happy stories and love babies.:micbounce:
Florie:rose:

#5 ·
Wow...your happiness just jumps off the page, I was instantly uplifted just reading it! :rolleyes:

So glad your pregnancy is going so well and hope you continue to feel healthy and strong.

I was induced with my last pregnancy for the same reasons as you...and he was not as big as they thought he was!!! LOL:eek:

Best of luck to you and your growing family.
Sharon

#7 ·
:) I am sooo happy for you :)

My son was induced at 38 weeks and was a ok - no special treatment was needed - it was just a "normal" birth.

I go next Friday to the hosp and hopfuly find out what sex my baby is (fingers crossed this time I have got a girl)

I will be thinking of you

Sue x

#8 ·
Brilliant news ((((Ash)))) !

As you say, at 34 weeks you can breathe a huge sigh of relief, because even if she does come early she will have every chance of being absolutely fine.

All the best
Many hugs
Clare

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.