The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends!

This month I am nine months out from gastric bypass surgery and wanted to share the latest photos with you. I have lost 172 pounds total (and am still losing - though having frequent stalls in my weight loss!!) I have 54 more pounds to go until I reach my goal weight, and 5 more pounds to go until I reach my first goal of less then 200 pounds! I haven't under 200 pounds since before I started high school. I'm in size 16 clothes, and many of them are already baggy on me - depending on how they are cut, etc.

I'm working out 4 to 5 days a week - alternating aerobic with strength training (and also fit in water aerobics when I can - mostly for the girls and chit chat) and have even gone dancing a few times - and actually DANCED! I never realized how invisible I tried to be when I was so heavy...and it's hard to believe I was so close to the 400 pound mark!! YIKES!!!

So here's the before picture - size 32 clothing.
View attachment 256

Here's 9 months post op - size 16 suite (I was busy flapping my gums while my husband was taking the pictures - LOL)
View attachment 257
View attachment 258

I have also noticed (and been told) that my humming bird tattoo on my leg is getting smaller and darker! And I'll be darned! It is! I'm hoping it doesn't get all out of shape, but I suppose I will deal with that when the time comes. I know that I want to get a purple butterfly for mom, but I am waiting on that one until I can have some skin removed.

Also - at the Lupus Walk here in Cleveland, I raised enough money to get a sign made for my mom. I suppose it sounds a little silly, but it was like she was there with me and enjoyed the little kids playing in front of her sign. I took pictures of the babies playing with the balls in front of it and brought it home with me. I will take it back next year for the walk so she is there again!
View attachment 259

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think it is Awesome that you have lost so much weight and are working out. It really is a nice thing that you are doing for your mom. Wishing you the best on your journey of weight loss. :)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Melissa,

I have been waiting, and waiting and waiting for these pictures.

YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!

What a nice thing you did for your mom.

Take good care and keep on loosing that weight.

YOU GO GIRL.:wink2:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
You look fantastic Melissa - keep up the good work :excited: :hug:

What a lovely gesture in memory of your Mum :love: as a daughter you are tops!

much love
Lily

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Wow Melissar,

What an accomplishment....well done!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you thank you thank!! :) I am very proud of how far I have come. It's a little weird that I generally can only see the weight loss in the pictures, and with some of the clothes that I wear when I look in the mirror. Sometimes I look in the mirror and don't recognize the face staring back at me. It's changed A LOT!! LOL

I find myself crossing my legs a lot now! Something I have never in my life been able to do. And the clothes that I try on at the plus sized stores (for the most part) are too big. I ordered two dresses from Roman's and they are both too big. I'm trying not to buy much in the way of clothes and what I do buy is always on clearance or I shop at the over stock stores. I will have to figure out where I like to shop at some point!! LOL I haven't been able to shop in regular stores...well ever!

It's very exciting!! :) :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.